Chapter 28

25th May, Saturday

Three weeks had already passed since Dazai came back from his secret mission or, as he calls it, a few weeks full of work.

Nothing much had happened during these days.

(Y/N) went with Dazai on a small date. They just went shopping for his mother and got some ice cream after it, but it was a date. Somehow...

After that he failed one of his check-ups in (hate subject), Dazai was only allowed in the house after he had learned for the next check-up.

Kaito and Misaki came by more often, only to talk about Misa's new crush while Kai talked about the new video game he wanted.

And they even had a sleep over at (Y/N) places. All four of them in the living room with some mattresses after watching (fav. series) till late at night.

All in all, it was a pretty great time.

Right now (Y/N) was sitting on the chair by his desk, reading some vocabularies for the 100. time while Dazai had the floor covered in papers and sticky notes and some roughly written notes all over the place. It was the first time that the (H/C) managed to talk his boyfriend into making some of his work at his places. Of course, he had to lock the door...

"Say, what exactly are you doing?" Not looking up from the book in front of him, (Y/N) could hear the rustling of papers behind his back. He also had to promise Dazai that he wouldn't look or at least read what was standing on those pages.

"Just something very important that could change the future of the Port Mafia. My job."

Silence.

"Wow, that's some brand new information for me...thank you", he said sarcastically while rolling his eyes, hoping that the other male could hear it somehow.

"Sorry, but I can't say much more. I am working on this for at least two months now and it will take a few more weeks to finish it all. Right now, I am just putting together all the information that we already have and seem theses we must check as soon as possible. Is that enough for you?" Dazai sounded very concentrated and made (Y/N) smile a little bit.

'So hard working, that's cute.'

"I guess it has to be enough, right? I just want to know everything about it, you know me..." looking outside the window, the smaller boy wondered if he would ever get to know what was standing in those papers.

"You already have more information to be honest."

"What?"

"Remember as I came back this month and stayed for the night? I told you what I did during the last few weeks."

Oh god, (Y/N) could hear the smirk in the brown-haired voice as he said those words.

'So, it was my fault for falling asleep at almost 1 a.m. on a school day? Oh, don't you dare!'

"You could have been so nice and tell me once I was awake again or at least not as tired as I was at that time!" turning around in the chair, the (E/C) male glared at his boyfriend which sat in front of his wardrobe, looking down on the floor.

"But then you would have known everything, and it would have been troublesome. Now you can't say that I haven't told you but at the same time you don't know sensitive information."

There it was again. That grinning face of the taller male. It made (Y/N) blood boil even more as it already did.

"You only know something about the Grau Geist and Angoo but as I can judge, you were sleeping while 'listening' to the rest."

"You are such a sneaky idiot! Why the hell did I have to fall in love with a masochistic, weird, sneaky mafia bastard like you! I could have an easy life with a husband which just tells me about his day once he gets back from work but no! I am stuck with you!" His voice got louder with each word; thought he wasn't angry at Dazai. It was more like he was angry about the situation.

He was scared that Dazai wouldn't be able to trust him. All he wanted was to be trusted by the people around him, but with Dazai hiding things, because of his job, it wasn't possible.

"I know that you can't tell me everything! But it makes me just Ahh!" (Y/N) turned back to his desk as he felt tears joined from a headache starting to form.

"And I know it is the best if I don't know. I still fucking worry about you...I hate emotions sometimes..."

Arms made their way around the sitting boys' shoulders as his desk collected the small tears from his eyes.

"I am sorry to hear that from you."

That was all what Dazai said before he turned the chair around and kneeled in front of it.

"But there were already husbands, wifes, children and friends killed because they knew something which wasn't for their ears. So please, stop crying now and look at me."

With a shy smile Dazai managed to catch the other eyes before pulling him in his lap and into a hug.

"To get one thing clear. You will stay tonight."

Chuckling softly Dazai gave in to his lover "Sure thing."

Well, this got longer and went into another direction than planned...but it's not too bad or cringy...is it???