chapter eighteen: CHECK

*in Error's dream*

Error pov:

I open my eyes to find that I was surrounded by darkness, it reminded me of the Anti-void. . .

I look around some more (even tho there was nothing to look at...) before deciding to stand up and wonder around a bit. I do this for what felt like 20 minutes, and now I had gotten bored. 'Ugh. how the heck did I end up here?--'

My thoughts were cut off by a faint scream, and reacting like any normal monster would, I quickly run towards the crys.

As soon as I get there, I slide down on my knees as I get closer towards them. They were also on the ground, but they were crying. They were about the size of the average frisk or chara, but the only color that they had was a bright shade of white, even their hair, skin and sweater was the same. 'Why are there no stripes. . .?'

"Hey, hey. . . shhhh . . . calm down, your going to be ok, it's all going to be ok. . . " I don't bother to use my scary and glitched up voice because it might scare them. With a shaky hand I successfully wipe away some tears. "Why are you crying?" I ask in a hushed and calming voice.

The child looks up at me, "*hic* b-b-because. . . *sniff* b-because he k-killed them all. . . h-he k-k-killed all of m-my friends. . .*sniff* the destroyer. . ." I stare in shock. 'How am I supposed to respond to that?'

"O-oh. . ." was all I could muster up. "I'm... I'm sorry about that. . ."

The child looks up at me and starts to cry even harder. "W-why c-c-c-couldn't they have been spared?! W-what did I-i do to d-d-deserve this?!"

I had to say something. "You didn't do anything to deserve this, y-you. . . I . . ." I was speechless. I literally couldn't think of anything to say.

Suddenly the child stands up and backs away, leaving me before I could think up a quick sweet-nothing. "T-this . . . THIS WAS ALL YOUR FAULT!!" they screamed.

'T-they know who I am. . .' I look away from their rage.

"YOU KILLED THEM!!" they yell. I continue to just stare at the ground, which seemed to make them angrier.

"ARE YOU GOING TO KILL ME NOW? ARE YOU GOING TO LAUGH AS I STRUGGLE TO DEATH JUST LIKE YOU DID TO MY FRIENDS? ARE YOU-"

"I'm. . . I didn't. . .I'm sorry. . ." I mumble, looking up to see that the child was giving me the most confused look. Suddenly the ground seemed to shatter, and the child faded away as I fell, and fell . . . and fell. . .

I'm in a forest. 'Ok, that was weird. What's going on?' I sit up and realize that this wasn't the Snowdin forest, there was no snow. Snowdin should always have snow, and if it didn't then what was the point of naming it Snowdin?

I stand up, only to be met with a voice I recognized:

"ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And this: