Chapter 21: Glasses

(EDITED ...kinda?) 

*later*

Error's Pov:

Take a guess.

And if you guessed that my foot was once again chained to that hospital bed, then you guessed correctly.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. . .

I sigh in frustration as I watch Ink search through my jacket pockets. Why? Well, the second I was back in this crappy hospital room, he took my jacket off of me, went to the darkest corner of the room -with my jacket- and started to dig through it as if he was going to find some secret treasure or $30,000g . . . don't ask me why, I don't freaking know why he was doing it.

Oh, and guess what? Well, since my special jacket protection was gone now and I can't even remember the last time I left my jacket off for a full five minutes, my glitches where going over the roof. but do you want to know what made this stupid situation even stupider? guess who was just staring at me, -not saying anything- but just staring? . . .Reaper. . . god of death. . .

I glare at him.

He stares back.

I glare even harder.

He continues to stare.

I flip him off.

Still staring.

I attempt to flip him off a second time, -both hands this time- but I was interrupted. 

"Error, what is this?" Ink stands up and walks over to me, holding my glasses. Wait, how did he- oh yea, he was the one just digging through my jacket a while ago, which was totally not creepy at all.

I swipe the glasses out of his hands. "None of your business. . ."

". . . Are they yours?" he asks, his eyes changing shapes faster than I could say 'dude, you've got a problem.'

I didn't want him to take them away, so I answered with a simple; "yes. They are my glasses."

Literally the second I say that, Doc butted in front of Ink, clipboard and pen at hand. I didn't even know he was still in here with us. "How many fingers am I holding up!?" he asks, holding up his hand.

"Uhh. . ." I had to squint a little. 'Lets see. . . four . . .five. . .six? No. . . that's not possible, a skeleton cant have six fingers. . .maybe three? Is he holding up three? Nah, its four.'

". . . four." I say, only getting the same blank look Reaper had been giving me for the past ten minutes.

". . . you wanna put on those glasses?" Doc says, and it was at that moment I had realized that I answered wrong. 'Where is Outertale's cliff when you need it?'  I think as I look down at my glasses, hesitating before putting them on with shaky hands. I jump up in surprise Immediately. Not only was Doc holding three fingers up, -don't get me wrong, I was not happy with it- but Sci, Doc, and Ink looked. . . different. . . when I didn't have them on Ink just looked like a black, white and tan blob holding a weird looking stick with the colors changing at one end, but now he looked like a brave and noble leader, not a blob. The colorful vials around his chest shinned dully under the hospital lights, and I could see random writings and scribbles on his scarf.

'Wow . . . that deserves first place in the 'effort put into getting dressed every morning award.'  I think as I gaze around the room as if seeing it for the first time, now that I could spot the details in the carpet, and the muddy footsteps trailing into the room and out. (*cough* Ink *cough* *cough*)