Chapter 43

You wake up in a hospital bed covered in bandages like you had before many times, but this time, something was different. You felt sadness in the air. Right as you tried to get up, Nejire comes in your room, hurt, but still looking fine. You then noticed her face wasn't visible. 

y/n: " Hey Nejire, what's wrong? "

She looks up and she has an unusually gloomy look over her face

Nejire: " I-I have to tell you something (y/n). "

y/n: " What is it, please tell me! "

Nejire takes a deep breath.

Nejire: " Mr. Nighteye is dead. "

You sit there, stunned. Sir Nigheye, is, dead? You fall you of your hospital bed and start limping out the door.

Nejire: " (y/n), wait! "

You ignore her and limp out the door.

y/n: " WHERE IS HE?! "

Doctor: " Sir, you need to go back to your room. "

y/n: " GET OUT OF MY WAY! "

You push him over and you see his body, with a huge hole in his stomach and one of his arms missing, being pushed out of the room he as in.

y/n: " SIR NIGHTEYE! "

Two doctors get in your way and you push them out to the side.

y/n: " SIR! I'LL BRING YOU BACK, I PROMISE! "

You get tackled to the ground by several doctors.

y/n: " I WON'T FORGET!! "

You then get dragged to your room by the doctors and Nejire is still there waiting for you. You run into her arms and begin to cry. She hugs you back, crying as well.

A couple of hours later.......

You were laying on your bed looking at the ceiling. You had been let out of the hospital and so was everyone else. You kept feeling guilty about the fact that you couldn't help save Sir Nighteye, the man who helped you get a better understanding of what it meant to be a hero. 

Goku: " So............ Not in the mood to talk? "

y/n: " Not really. "

Goku: " Ok, i'll give you your space. "

You fall asleep and wake up in the morning, you get ready for school and you head to class, no saying a word to anyone on the way there, even your classmates who said hi to you on the way to school. You wanted to die, and there was no other way to say it other than that. You allowed another person to die because of your incompetence. You get into class and sit down at your desk. Almost everyone crowds you except the people who were fighting with you against the Eightfold Cleansers.

Kaminari: " DUDE, YOU WERE SO BADASS! "

Jiro: " Did you unlock another form? That silver haired transformation? "

It was a technique, but you didn't want to talk.

y/n: " I'm sorry, i'm not in the mood to talk right now. "

Mina: " Come on, why no- "

She sees a tear roll down your eye.

Mina: " Oh, oh. Hey everyone, just give (y/n) some room, ok? "

Mineta: " Yeah. "

Everyone goes and sits down in their seats while you just lay your head on your desk and cover it with your hands. Mr. Aizawa then comes in and announces something unexpected.

Aizawa: " We will be having the U.A. culture festival. It is a festival about student life here at U.A. as in the name culture festival. You all will have to think of something to represent class 1-A for the festival. That is all. "

He walks out of the class and leave you all to work on what you all wanted to do for the festival. You didn't input much thought, as you were still thinking about you failing Sir Nighteye as an intern. The bell rings and you leave for the dorms, but before you can do so-

Midoriya: " Hey (y/n)! "

You look back to see Midoriya running behind you.

Midoriya: " Do you want to come to the hospital to come see Eri? "

You completely forgot about her. You really wanted to come but, you wanted to distance any memories of Sir Nighteye dying and you nearly dying trying to save Eri.

y/n: " Maybe some other time. "

Midoriya looks surprised by this, but tries to respond normally.  

Midoriya: " O-Ok. "

You turn around and walk off still thinking about how you were guilty for Nighteye dying. You were so tired when you got to your dorms that you just went straight into your room and fell on your bed to take a nap.

Dream Sequence....... 

You wake up to see the city mangle and distorted, with spikes sticking out of the ground. 

y/n: " Where the hell am I?! "

You begin to hear a baby cry behind you and when you turn around to look you see a stroller. You start to walk towards it when, suddenly, a spike comes up from below and you hear the scream of the small child as it is impaled.

y/n: " FUCK, FUCK, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! "

You can't help but get nauseous and vomit.

????: " Feeling sick? "

You turn around to see a fucked up version of Chisaki. His whole body was stitched back together again and he had red eyes. 

y/n: " W-W-What the hell are you. "

Chisaki: " I am the devil. You are weak and you mean nothing to the people, you can''t even save your own mentor. You are a pathetic excuse for a hero and should just die already, hell, I even gave you the chance too, but even death refuses to take you because of how WEAK YOU ARE. "

He sends several spikes into you body and your vision goes black.

Dream sequence over 

You wake up in a cold sweat, you feel sick so you run to the bathroom and throw up, then on the door you hear a knock.

Nejire: " Hey (y/n)? Are you ok? "

You open the bathroom door looking straight into her eyes with tears in yours.