Chapter 45

Farkle's pov

~

I heard the sound of someone struggling. I heard some muffled screams and some voices. I waited for them to go away, then stepped out of the closet. The voices belonged to the guys from the football team for sure. They had the deepest, douchiest voices in the whole grade.

Someone was in trouble. Jordan and his buddies probably decided to beat up another dude for some unknown reason. I heard the music coming from the gym. Probably time to head home.

I was about to leave when Lucas walked out of the gym in a panic. When he saw me, he said:

"Farkle! Where's Maya?"

"How should I know?" I replied, confused.

I raised an eyebrow.

"You asked her to come talk to you out here."

"Um...no i didn't."

His eyes widenned.

"If you didn"t then...why did a kid come up to us at the dance and tell us you wanted to talk to Maya alone out here in the hallway?"

Something was going on.

"She's been gone for 20 minutes..." he added.

No...the voices I heard...they couldn't have been...

"Oh my god." I said.

"What?!"

"Before, I...I heard the voices of Jordan, Mike and Will...and a girl voice...and some muffled screams...you don't think...?"

I never got to finish my sentence. Lucas bolted down the hallway. I followed him.

***

Maya's pov

~

I struggled to break free from Jordan's arms.

"You know..." he said. "You're kinda hot when you're helpless."

"Does this look helpless to you?" I kicked him in the balls. He howled in pain.

I tried to escape, but Mike and Will grabbed me.

"That was so hot." He said, grinning.

Missy stood there, watching.

"Hmmmm. Interesting."

I glared at her.

"What do you want?" I asked. "Did you really have to kidnap me?"

Missy smirked.

"I told you. Stay away from Lucas." Mike and Will let go of me as she grabbed my arm and pulled me towards her. She smiled evilly.

"Lucas doesn't like you. He never will. How can a handsome, sweet, caring guy like him ever like a stupid, worthless piece of crap like you?"

I grabbed her hand, twisted it back, and pushed her onto Jordan, who tumbled on the floor.

"Then why are you going through all this trouble to make sure I stay away from him?"

I slammed my shoulder into Mike, and caught of guard, he fell onto the floor.

I ran out.

I heard Missy screaming.

"You bitch!"

I kept running. Someone was behind me now.

I felt something hard hit me in the back of the head. I fell to the ground, my head throbbing.

I looked at the person who was standing in front of me. Missy.

I stood up, and my vision blurred. I saw double.

"Maya, don't think that I forgot what you did to me 2 years ago."

"Missy-"

"Shut up. My parents kicked me and my brother out of the house because of you. Now I'm living with him and our aunt. My parents disowned me Maya. And it's your fault."

She punched me in the stomach.

Dots appeared in my field of vision. This reminded me too much of my father. I felt myself panicking, not able to breath.

My father came towards me, shoved me on the floor and kicked me in the stomach. Hard.

Then he pulled me up and wrapped his hand around my neck.

"Don't you ever try to get rid my beer again." He spat.

I was beginning to lose consciousness. His face blurred, and I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't make a sound. He was killing me...I wasn't breathing anymore...

"Missy..." I coughed. I couldn't breath. I clutched my chest, and gasped for air.

Her whole figure became completely blurry.

Her voice echoed in my head.

"Oh my god, Maya what's wrong?"

I was hyperventilating, trying to get air into my lungs. I felt his hands on my throat, and I smelled his disgusting breath. I felt like he was right in front of me, like I was back at my house.

"Can't...breathe." I managed to say before I collapsed to the ground.