FORGOTTEN

"Come on, you haven't worn bikinis in forever!" Mackenzie begged. We were shopping for new bathing suits. Having a different body every summer was really taking its toll on my wallet and my closet.

"I'm just not crazy about bikinis," I fibbed. The truth was, at least in front of Mackenzie, I didn't want to wear anything that would reveal the scar from the kidney transplant. I didn't think I could keep up the secret of what I did if she saw it. And at this point, it had been a year since I made the donation. Too much time had passed for the confession to be OK.

"But you look so great! Why don't you want to show off that gorgeous body?" Mackenzie whined.

"I just prefer to show it off in a one-piece. That's all," I insisted. "Let me just try on what I want to wear," I pleaded.

Mackenzie shoved a bikini into my hands. "You're trying this on. End of discussion," she ordered.

I sighed, knowing it was pointless to argue with her. Once I got into the changing room, I tried it on. I actually really liked the way it looked. But there was no way I was going to exit the changing room while wearing it. "It doesn't fit," I called out to Mackenzie, quickly taking it off and whipping it over the door. I tried on a one-piece that had some cut-outs but wasn't exactly a monokini either. I liked the way that one looked too and came out to show Mackenzie, Samantha and Ella.

"I still want to see you in a bikini," Mackenzie insisted.

"You look great," Ella complimented.

"Don't you agree?" Samantha asked, turning to Mackenzie. "Come on Zee, let her wear something she likes wearing. No one would force you into a one-piece because we all know how much you hate it. Cut Ivy some slack."

Mackenzie huffed, crossed her arms, then mumbled, "You look good."

"Thanks Zee," I smiled, wanting so badly to at least model a bikini for her. But I knew that it'd have to wait until I was ready to admit to her what had happened. A revelation that may never come.

We left the store, each of us with at least two new bathing suits, and headed to the beach. Ivan and Maria were actually in England for a month so that Ivan could get to know her family and see where she grew up. We filmed enough videos in advance so that I could post them every Friday while he was gone. It was weird not seeing him for a month.

While lying on the beach, I got a video call from Ivan. "Hey lovebirds!" I stated once I had answered the call to find Ivan and Maria staring back at me. "How's meeting the in-laws going?" I joked.

Ivan laughed and Maria chuckled nervously. "We're doing great, although the stereotype of constant rain is pretty true," Ivan commented. "I can't wait to come back to sunny beaches."

I turned my phone around so he could see the sunny beach we were occupying at that moment. "Jealous?" I teased once I had turned the camera back to me.

"Very," Ivan responded.

"So, what are you two getting up to today?" I inquired.

"Well, considering it's dinnertime here, just dinner. But tomorrow, we're taking a trip to see the changing of the guards and, naturally, Buckingham Palace," Maria filled in.

"Ooh!" I responded in awe. "Take a lot of pictures and send them to me. Oh, and please record the changing of the guards. I'd like to see that."

"You know, you're more than welcome to actually come, visit, and see it for yourself," Maria stated.

"Yeah, but then I'd be a third wheel, and what happens if I fall in love with a gorgeous British man of royalty? I couldn't break his heart when I left," I sarcastically commented.