Cuddling (Rewritten 2023)

228 words.

The sunlight trickled in through the open curtains bathing the bedroom in sunlight. Natsu and Gray lay motionless in bed, the bedsheet half hanging off the mattress, the two men tangled together.

A soft groan, a stretch, and a sigh. Natsu is awake. He blinks his eyes slowly, groggy from sleep. Attempting to sit up, Natsu feels hands grabbing at him. Looking down, Natsu sees Gray pulling him back down into bed, a crease between his eyebrows.

"Gray, let me up. I need to use the bathroom." Natsu sighs, voice low and crackly. Natsu goes to push the arms away, but Gray tightens his hold.

"Pee later. It's too early to be awake." Gray's eyes remain closed, an attempt to remain in his sleepy state. 

"It's just a quick bathroom break. Quit being a baby." Natsu poked Gray's cheek with his finger. After being met with no response, Natsu reaches over to lightly open Gray's eye.

Gray lets go of Natsu, batting at his hand.

"Natsu!"

Gray groans and he rolls over and faces the other way. Natsu huffs with a smile before crawling out of bed and heading to the bathroom.

When he returns, Gray has fallen back asleep, his back facing Natsu. When he crawls back into bed, Natsu cuddles up against Gray's cool back and slowly returns to sleeping himself, the sunlight warming the room.