•Senses•

Requested by : -Weirdness_Stories

I didn't reread this, sorry if there's spelling errors

Natsu could feel himself laying down. He could feel something soft underneath him so he could only assume it was a bed.

But that was it. He couldn't feel or sense anything else. Natsu opened his eyes and saw blackness everywhere. Natsu was confused. He opened his eyes why didn't he see anything?

Natsu rubbed his eyes and still saw nothing. Natsu couldn't smell anything either. Which was even weirder than the blackness he saw everywhere.

Natsu rubbed his head but Natsu couldn't hear his nails rubbing against his scalp.

What happened?

~•~•~•~

"Mr. Fullbuster?" A doctor wearing a long white coat and scrubs called Gray over.

"You're Natsu Dragneel's significant other, correct?"

"Yes, is he okay? I know that spell hit him really hard. Did anything happen? He passed out right as he got hit." Gray had been worried sick ever since he carried Natsu to the hospital.

They were out on a job together to take care of some dark mage who used forbidden magic. Natsu ended up getting hit and he passed out soon after, so Gray wasn't able to ask what the spell had done.

"There are good news and bad news."

"Well for starters, the bad news is that the spell cost Natsu all his senses. He is unable to hear, see, or smell."

Gray's eyes widened. Natsu lost his senses?

Without sight how was he supposed to fight?

Without hearing how was he supposed to listen to people when they were talking about their adventures and when people told him about rumors about dragons?

Without scent how was he supposed to seek out who was where on a job and smell his favorite foods?

"What about the good news? You said there was good news as well." Gray ran his fingers through his dark blue locks.

"The good news is that this will only last for a couple months. If nothing returns to normal after 5 months, bring him back and we'll get a special healer." A soft smile was on the doctors lips.

Gray sighed in relief. Natsu would return to normal. His Natsu would be safe. His Natsu would be okay.

~•~•~•~

Gray stood outside Natsu's hospital room. Gray was scared. How was he supposed to reassure Natsu? What if he was freaking out and because he couldn't see or hear he wouldn't know Gray was trying to talk or comfort him? What if when Gray touched his arm he freaked out even more?

What if Natsu's didn't realize Gray was trying to get him to eat food? What if he starved? What if Natsu rejected Gray because he couldn't tell who it was?

All these different thoughts swirled inside Gray's mind. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if Natsu were to reject him.

Gray took in a deep breath before turning the door handle and waking in.

When he walked in he saw his cute salmon haired boyfriend hitting up. Constantly rubbing his eyes and clapping his hands and getting confused after his hands met.

Gray could only assume he was wondering why he couldn't see, hence the eye rubbing. He was probably confused on his hearing, seeing as he was confused every time he clapped his hands.