•Leave a Message•

"The person you are trying to reach is unable to answer your call. Please leave a message after the beep."

"Hey Natsu. Um." Gray's eyes watered up and his throat closed in. "I'm doing alright, I guess." Gray blinked and some stray tears fell. "Lucy came by with these people I've never seen before. They're here to collect your things and I told them to leave. I don't.."

Gray took a deep breath and quickly blinked his eyes to clear the tears. "I don't want them to take your things, because they're the only things I have left of you." Gray's voice turned heavy with tears and he was sniffling his nose.

So he hung up.

~•~•~•~•

Calling Natsu was a stress reliever, even if he never answered. Soon, Gray began to unconsciously call Natsu every single day.

~•~•~•~•

"The person you are trying to reach is unable to answer your call. Please leave a message after the beep."

Gray's shaky hand held the phone up to his ear. "I made ramen today. I know that's your favorite." Gray took a breath before closing his eyes and leaning his head against the wall.

"Lucy came by again but I decided not to open the door. She's gonna try and take everything. She's  weird. Thinking you have to be buried with all your things when you die."

Gray felt warm tears slide down his cheeks and he clenched his jaw. "She's gonna take your scarf first but I don't think she'll take it if I wear it?" Gray couldn't talk clearly from the accent he gained from crying. "I gotta go."

~•~•~•~

"I'm sorry. The person you are trying to reach is unable to answer your call. Unfortunately you are not able to leave a voicemail as this persons voicemail box is full. Please try again later."

Word count : 304