•Colors•

Soulmate AU
~•~•~•~
You will be able to see the world in full color once you meet your soulmate but until then, you can only see the world in the eye color of your soulmate. However, you can alter the color your soulmate sees by wearing contact lenses.

Ex : If your soulmates natural eye color was blue, then you'd see the world in a bunch of different shades of blue. If your soulmate puts in brown colored eye contacts, then you'd see the world in different shades of brown, etc.

I didn't check for any spelling or grammar mistakes
~•~•~•~

Day 1 - Sunday

Gray woke up to the usual sight. His bedroom was filled with different shades of black. Either very light shades that were almost a light grey, or very dark shades to where they looked like shadows.

He stood up and stretched, looking at his black bookshelf next to his bed.

Gray opened his dresser drawers and pulled out some random clothes. He walked into his bathroom, turned the water on, and undressed. He pulled back the shower curtain and walked into the tub, and let the cool water travel down his body.

He closed his eyes and lowered his head, his hair getting more damp the longer it stood under the shower head.

When Gray opened his eyes, instead of everything being black, it was..red?

The bathroom tile was a light cherry red while his shampoo and conditioner bottles were a nice shade of ruby.

Gray completely forgot about the shower and turned off the water and pulled back the shower curtain.

His shirt was a brick red and his jeans had a rose hue. His socks were garnet and when he looked in the mirror it has a slight red tint.

Gray quickly pulled his clothes on, and walked into his room looking at all the different shades of red.

He spent the rest of the day walking around his house admiring his new color.

~•~•~•~

Day 2 - Monday

Today when Gray woke up, he wasn't greeted with the beautiful shades of red but instead orange.

His book shelf, that was right next to his bed, was now a shade of bronze. Gray quickly stood up and grabbed his clothes, changing at the speed of light.

He wanted to walk around town and see what everything else looked like with this new orange hue.

Gray ran down the stairs and pulled the front door open so fast his arm felt it going to pop out of his socket.

He slammed the door behind him as he ran towards the part in town with the most shops. Anyone who was looking at him probably thought he was crazy with the way he was running.

When he finally arrived to town he felt out of breath but it was worth it. The road seemed to look like it was the same color as a carrot and the sidewalk was just a bit darker than a peach color.

~•~•~•~
Day 3 - Tuesday

His book shelf, that was right next to his bed, was now a buttery yellow. Gray laid in his bed for just a minute longer, admiring the happy color was that yellow.

Out of black, red, orange, and yellow, yellow had to be his top favorite. It was just a happy looking color and made him feel like smiling.

His pajama pants were butterscotch and his comforter was a banana yellow.

Gray internally thanked his soulmate for wearing color contacts and letting him see so many different colors before they met.

~•~•~•~

Day 4 - Wednesday

Natsu washed his face before opening the drawer right next to his bathroom sink. He had 7 different contact colors.

On Sunday, he put in red contacts which made his best friend Lucy very concerned.

On Monday, he out in orange contacts.

Tuesday he put in yellow and for Wednesday he was going to put in green.

All Natsu really saw was dark blue everyday but it didn't matter. His soulmate would see all 7 colors in the rainbow before they met. He could deal with only seeing one.

Natsu opened the container the contact lenses were in and carefully pick up the first one. He put his right hand under eyes eye and pulled it down slightly and carefully pushed the contact in. He followed the same procedure for the other eyes as well.

Natsu blinked a couple times before looking at himself in the mirror.

He couldn't really see the green contacts he was wearing, as he could only see dark blue, but the container said green, so Natsu would just have to go with it.

Natsu hoped that whoever his soulmate was, enjoyed seeing all these different colors.

~•~•~•~

Day 5 - Thursday

Blue. That was today's color. Natsu carefully placed the blue contact lenses in his eyes. Blue was a color saw everyday, he wondered how his soulmate would feel seeing the same colors as him.

Natsu wondered if his soulmate ever got confused about why the colors changed everyday or if they knew.

He laughed quietly at what his soulmate must've looked like when he saw the color red for the first time.

Today Natsu and Gray saw azure blue water and sapphire shaded coffee mugs.

Cobalt, lapis, ocean, arctic, and teal.

There were so many different shades of every color.

~•~•~•~
Day 6 - Friday

Today's new color was purple.

Lilac, and lavender. Periwinkle and grape, and the occasional shade of wine.

Purple was a beautiful color and it rivaled yellow for Gray's favorite color. Gray loved colors now that he was seeing a different one everyday and he couldn't wait to see all the different colors at once when he met his soulmate.

~•~•~•~

Day 7 - Saturday

This was it. This color was his favorite. It was red but at the same time it wasn't. It was like someone took red and make it lighter.

Pink.

Pink was his favorite color hands down. Purple and yellow and great but nothing could top pink.

His shirt seemed to be a rosy color and his jeans were flamingo pink.

The mirror had a pinkish tint and Gray loved it so much. Seeing his bookshelf go from black to every single color in the rainbow was amazing for Gray.

He would make sure to thank his soulmate once they met.

Word count : 1053