Hermione Curie (Granger)

Hermione Curie (Granger): Ravenclaw fifth-year and transfer student from a British wizarding circle in Norway

Hermione Curie (Granger): Ravenclaw fifth-year and transfer student from a British wizarding circle in Norway. The first papers and correspondence on her transfer had been sent before her arrival. Yet no one had expected her to drop in wounded and half-dead on Hogwarts' grounds one evening, Hermione herself least of all. If any teachers had doubts that one can receive ten Outstandings in the Norwegian equivalent of OWLs tests in their fourth year, Hermione's performance in class erased that doubt completely.

She rarely mentions her friends or family and does not speak about her past at all, and thus it makes her an interesting mystery, particularly to Hogwarts denizens who would very much like to figure out to which houses and which famous people she's related to. No one doubts that she is a genius, especially not after she demonstrated some of her field healer skills as well as her familiarity in handling wounds caused by muggle weaponry. Her continued association with Tom Riddle is a surprise to most. He is one of the few who can presumably keep up with her, true, but friendships are a little more complicated than that. Hermione Curie has always struck people as an open and honest person – Tom Riddle, for all his courteousness, is a bit of a mystery.

And yet they are closely associated with each other all the same.

'-

Hermione takes 9 classes, which is 3 above the maximum time slot of 6. She manages this by being given leave to attend all classes at least half the time as long as she gets the projects and homeworks in by their deadline.