-_-18-_-

"taehyung."

he smiled at jeongguk from atop his desk. jeongguk felt his heart squeeze, for taehyung's smile was all but happy.

he looked sad.

jeongguk's lips lifted a bit at their corners, seeing that his taehyung was okay. he was okay, he was okay, he was okay. he sat down in his seat, sitting one of the two paper bags on taehyung's lap.

"my mom made eggs."

taehyung raised a brow, waiting for further explanation.

"she gave me extra, hahaha." jeongguk rubbed the back of his neck, huffing out a breath. this was fucking awkward.

taehyung smiled, true and honest. jeongguk knew because his mouth formed a box and his eyes crinkled. he liked it when taehyung smiled.

"thanks, jeonggukkie."

he tore open the bag almost immediately. he lifted the lid, about to shovel the food in his mouth with hsi bare hands, when jeongguk cleared his throat. he held a spoon up to the hungry boy.

taehyung took it, not a word shared between them as he ate.

he was done on a matter of minutes. turning to thank jeongguk, he was silenced with another bag placed on his lap.

jeongguk's eggs.

"no, jeongguk it's okay. you should eat some too."

jeongguk raised his hands in the "stop" signal, halting taehyung from rejecting the eggs.

"i already ate some, taehyung..."

another shy smile came from the boy, however instead of devouring the food like a starved lion, he placed it into his book bag, presumably for later.

they sat in silence, taehyung dangling his feet off the edge.

a beat passed.

and another.

one more.

"we're not going to talk about it, are we?" taehyung asked. jeongguk sighed, tilting his head toward the ceiling.

"i dunno, tae." he dropped his head to look at the boy. his head was tilted and there was a small pout on his lips. pretty, pretty, pretty boy. "do you want to talk about it?"

taehyung opened his mouth, but the minute bell rang. he shut it, his eyes dropped and he looked sad again.

"gotta go to class, gukk..." he muttered, picking up his bag and heading for the door.

however before he left, he turned around.

and jeongguk swore he was crying.