-_-37-_-

"hey."

jeongguk spoke into his smartphone, closing his car door and heading up to his front door. his steps were rushed, getting ready to make food for his little taehyungie.

well, not his exactly. but taehyung all the same.

he tried calling taehyung three times in the car, all calls going straight to voicemail.

"i know that you're probably busy or something, haha. but when you get this, can you call me? it's just that i was wondering how a certain jackson wang got a hold of my number, is all. he and i had quite the, uh... interesting chat. so call me back asap, please. love you."

fuck.

jeongguk's fingers fumbled against the phone screen, hurriedly trying to hangup.

had he said that last part out loud?

oh fuck, he should call him again and explain that mistake.

he stopped right in front of the front door of his home, his thumb tapping taehyung's contact. once again, the call went straight to voicemail.

"hi, uhm... about that whole 'love you' thing, hahaha... that was a mistake... wait no fuck that makes me sound heartless, uhm. let me just start over. hi taehyungie! so i kinda don't want you sucking people's dicks anymore unless it's mine. wait no that makes me sound like a possessive sleaze bag, doesn't it? shit dammit."

he moved to place the key into the key hole, unlocking the door and stepping inside.

feelings weren't exactly jeongguk's forte, was it?

"what i mean is i kinda want to make like the beatles and hold your hand and shit. like, yeah. but we still need to talk about the jackson thing, so i'm gonna hang up now. and i love you no homo unless you love me too so then yeah there's definitely some homo in there i guess? i don't know i'm bad at this. have a good day and eat your vegetables."

he hung up more smoothly this time, smiling to himself.

"fuckin' nailed that shit, jeongguk."

giving himself a pat on the back, he pocketed his phone and moved to the kitchen in search of some pringles. he opened a pantry door, diving inside in search for his unhealthy addiction.

"ma!" he called. his pringles had gone missing, a crime in the jeon household. he listened to his voice echo against the inner walls of the snack filed cavern. "where's my chips?"

silence.

he closed the pantry door that he was currently stuffing his nose into, his head rearing itself around the corner. yet he was met with more silence. fear ran up jeongguk's spine and latched onto his heart, because this seemed like some shit that would happen in a crappy fanfic, and here we are. in a crappy fanfic.

oh, fuck.

jeongguk cautiously stalked his way up the flight of stairs, stopping in front of his mother's door. he knocked once, twice.

no answer.

 slowly, his fingers wrapping themselves around the doorknob, he pushed inside.

there, he saw his mother, muttering some words into her cell phone.

thank thigh highs and garters.

"alright, i'll let him know. thank you. good bye."

she hung up, relief flooding jeongguk's body.

but wait, if jeongguk's mother is okay, then there is only one more possible route that this shitty fanfiction could take, isn't there?

jeongguk's mother turned to him, a saddened look on her face.

oh no.

"jeongguk..."

please, no, not taehy-

"the ice cream parlor down the street closed down. i'm so, so sorry. they didn't have enough staff, there was nothing we could do!"

oh.

they must've called because jeongguk and her frequented quite often. even made friends with the owner. his name was bill. bill was nice.

"also, taehyung's in the hospital. i just got off the phone with the principal."

___

i couldn't stay away for long, i missed you guys too much.

 ah! my heart!

anyways, i finished "the color of love," and i think it helped me broaden my horizon a bit more when it came to writing. it helped me become more... metaphorical, i guess? i'm not sure and i doubt you care, but i hope my writing has improved, even if it is just by a tad bit.

anyways, i love you guys!

parker out~