Chapter One

"Come on, we're going to be late!" your best friend Megan pointed out, standing in your living room, while you failed to tighten the straps on your heeled sandals.

"Who even has beach parties anymore?" you exclaimed, finally fitting the tiny strip of metal into the hole on the strap of your shoe. Sighing in relief, you wiped the sweat that had now pooled in your hands onto your red bodysuit. A bodysuit that highlighted all your curves stunningly. You wore it, perfectly, with denim shorts and a bikini underneath incase you decided to get in the water later. You placed your sunglasses on your head while you hurried over to your friend who had been standing ready for half an hour.

"Apparently our friends who are celebrating their 18th birthdays do. Are you ready now?" Megan asked, as you messed around with your hair that you had done perfectly to create beach waves – you liked to dress for the occasion, and always made the outfit as stunning as possible, after all it was June and the sun was shining. It was time to show off your fashion skills.

You turned to her and let out a relieved sigh. "Yes, I'm ready now." You said, excitedly, then grabbed her hand and the two of you hurried to her car.

"Okay, as long as there is no traffic, we should get there on time" Megan said, starting the car and speeding out of the driveway, causing your head to be pressed against the headrest.

"Woah, try not to kill us before we get there, Meg!" you giggled, now grabbing the handle on the roof of the car. You supposed that was what they were used for.

"Well, we live in London. That means we've got a long drive ahead of us – I'm simply cutting down the time." She replied, with a small laugh, keeping her eyes glued onto the road as she headed onto the main road.

"You're just lucky your dad wasn't home to see that – he would've suspended your license!" you exclaimed.

"Okay, I don't think he has the authority to do that, he's only an instructor – and lighten up a bit will ya? We're going to a party not a final exam." She said, noticing your nerves.

"I know, I know. Everything will be going up from here." You responded. It was true though. Your exams were all behind you now all behind you now – quite literally you finished them yesterday – and you had just turned 18, so you were able to drink at this party, and you and Megan could spend the night at a hotel instead of having to do an entire hour and a half car journey back.

"Yes, especially since you're getting over that dipshit, Logan." She said. You had actually forgotten about him temporarily – you dated him for your last year of high school, but caught him with another girl on prom night. Thank god you had just graduated and never had to see him again. "Maybe you'll meet the love of your life tonight" she said jokingly, then cursing under her breath at a driver who had pulled out in front of her.

"Nope, I've sworn off guys until I at least start drama school." I replied.

"Fine, maybe you'll find the hook-up of your life." she added, giggling to herself.

You groaned at that. "No Megan, no boys. Plus I need to spend as much time with you as I can, since we're gonna be seeing each other at lot less." You said, pouting at her, hoping she wouldn't try set you up with anyone tonight.

"Look, just because we won't see each other everyday in school, doesn't mean that we're gonna stop seeing each other all together, y/n. Plus you're moving into your own apartment next month, and I'll probably be there most of the time." She replied quietly, trying to keep her focus on the road as she took the second exit at a roundabout.