Chapter Twelve

Writer's note
just wanted to let you guys know that this chapter has mentions of death/death threats and is possibly scary for some readers, but that's all :))

*Ben's POV*

Ben remembered this first half of the night very clearly. You had randomly left the apartment with no warning, and he was about to call Zoe about the Oscars. He knew deep down the reason you were hurt was because you felt as if he was replacing you with Zoe.

He picked up his phone trying to figure out what to say, but eventually pressed the call button.

"hey, Ben" he heard on the other end.

"hey Zo, listen...i need to talk to you about your invitation to the Oscars" he started.

"this is about y/n, isn't it?" she snapped at him.

"well um...yes, what makes you-" he started but was quickly interrupted.

"god I knew it, t's always about y/n" she mumbled to herself, but was loud enough to make sure Ben heard.

"what's that supposed mean?" he retorted back.

"Ben how are you so blind? You clearly have feelings for her" she exclaimed.

"what? Zoe that's ridiculous, of course I don't. I only have feelings for you" he responded.

"no, it's not ridiculous Ben. Think about it, and I mean really think. Every fight we've gotten into, who's it been about? Anytime y/n has needed you, you've dropped everything to be there for her. Anything that she wants, you make sure she gets. You're clearly in love with her" she said.

"what no, that's just because we're best friends. That's what friends do" he stated defensively.

"well I'm yet to find friends who care that much about me. Tell me right now: do you have feelings for y/n?" she asked, clearly frustrated.

He paused. He didn't know what to say. Did he have feelings for you? He had never really thought about it in great detail before, but that silence was all Zoe needed to heard.

"yeah, that's what I thought" she quickly said.

"Zoe-" he started.

"I'll be round for my stuff soon, but for now I'm done Ben. We're over" she said, before quickly hanging up.

Ben was devastated. He'd managed to lose two of the most important girls in his life in one night and he lost control. He headed to the nearest pub and the rest of the night was a blur for him.

*y/n's POV*

You woke up the next morning feeling slightly sick. It was probably the alcohol you drank last night, but you didn't suffer from hangovers, so you knew if you got up and ate something you'd feel better.

You made yourself porridge with blueberries and bananas with a cup of tea and sat at your kitchen table, scrolling through your phone. Minutes later you heard Ben's door open. You didn't know how to react to him - on one hand he had hurt you in so many ways; but on the other hand he had just broken up with Zoe.