Chapter Thirty-Seven

You threw on your dress, Lucy helping to adjust it and zip it up, before admiring your reflection in the mirror.

"Wow" you sighed and turned to Lucy. "Lucy I can't even begin to thank you enough for what you did today. You're absolutely bloody amazing" you laughed, holding in the tears that were threatening to spill.

"I did what any good friend would've done. Now I'm gonna go get Joe in here and we can finally start this wedding" she said, wishing you one last congratulations, then slipping out the door.

You paced back and forth occasionally glancing at yourself in the mirror and every time you felt a rush of excitement. You weren't really feeling nerves as such - more anticipation. As every second went by, you wanted more and more to see Ben.

There was a soft knock on the door. "Nervous?" You heard Joe ask, as he crept in through the door.

"A little. I just love Ben so much, I want this to last forever..." you sighed.

"And Ben feels the same way" he said, placing his hands on your shoulders and you let out a sigh. "I've never seen a couple more perfect for each other than you and Ben. You're both equally infatuated with each other. Now let's get this show on the road" he smiled, raising his arm to you to take.

You nodded, linking arms with Joe, and walking out your makeshift dressing room.
You could hear violins playing from a speaker Lucy had brought and you chuckled slightly. Then your eyes met Ben's.

Even from this far back in the room, his gorgeous green eyes were prominent, almost piercing your soul. He looked amazing in his suit, even if it was slightly to small for him.

Ben felt the same way looking at you. He had to put his face into his hands and rub his eyes to make sure he wasn't dreaming. He couldn't stop the tears pooling in his eyes as he watched you, his best friend, his true love, the mother of his future child walking down the aisle towards him. You were all he had ever wanted and now that he finally had you, he was never letting you go again.

You both finally met each other at the alter, both on the edge of crying.

"You look just like your mother" he whispered, gently moving a stray hair off your face.

You immediately grabbed his face and kissed him. He had made you the happiest girl on earth and you couldn't wait to spend the rest of your life with him.

You pulled away, unable to stop yourself from smiling. "Sorry, I know that's the end bit" you laughed, wiping a tear off your face and sniffling.

"I'll allow it" Lucy shrugged. "Please hold hands" she smiled.

Looking into Ben's eyes, you knew you were exactly where you were supposed to be. Ben mouthed 'I love you' to you, before holding hands, uniting as one, and from that day forwards you would never part again.

This is the last chapter guys! There is an epilogue which I've just posted so you can enjoy that, but this is goodbye until I edit my next fanfic :,)