Chapter Eight

*2 years later*
It was 2018 now and you and Ben were working alongside each other in 'Bohemian Rhapsody', thanks to your connections to Bryan Singer. It was actually the first day of shooting, and you were very excited to meet the rest of cast -Ben had told you so many nice things about them already, especially Joe.
You were on set early that day to prepare for the first day. We were shooting Live Aid first, and we had to make sure the stage was set up to look exactly like it was 1985, seen as the actual stadium they performed in no longer exists.

When the cast arrive, they all greeted you warmly. You got to Joe, excited to see what all the fuss Ben made was about.
"Joe, Ben has told me a lot about you, and the anticipation to see the perm in person was killing me." You said, stifling a laugh.

"Ben told you to bring it up, didn't he?" he said, and was clearly unaffected by the jokes at this point.

"Yes, but how did you not understand that perm stood for permanent? I mean a quick google search and you could've found out." You said, mockingly.

"Yes, it was my mistake, but I guess I've got to ride it out. Nice to meet you too, y/n." He said, pulling you in for a hug.

For the duration of the shoot, you and Joe actually grew very close. You both had a very similar sense of humour and you both liked making other people laugh, so most moments you spent together were spent in constant laughter. Since you loved spending time with so him, it actually got you excited you to go to work everyday with Ben and see Joe.

You probably would've developed feelings for him, but you knew that you shouldn't do that to Ben – he was Ben's best friend and you didn't want to complicate that by getting involved with him romantically and if you'd asked Joe, he would've said he feels the same way.

Besides you hadn't been with anyone since Nathan, and you didn't see yourself being with anyone in the near future. Your trust had been broken twice now, first by Logan and now by Nathan. For you to get back into the dating game, it would have to take someone pretty special, seen as they'd have to regain your trust, and at this point that was a difficult task – the only guy you trusted was Ben and you wouldn't go there.

And on top of that Ben had stopped with the sleeping around, and had stuck to really focusing on his acting career, which you could clearly see when he got his role as Roger Taylor. He was up day and nights studying footage of Queen concerts and interviews. And of course you were around to help him study, since you were such an expert in terms of Queen and studying.

Ben had actually been seeing a girl called Zoe, since the filming started. They met on the set of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' – she was one of the extras – and they had really hit it off.

You loved Zoe though – you'd see her a lot at your apartment, maybe too much of her accidentally sometimes when you came home early, but your personalities clicked. However, you also couldn't help but feel slightly jealous of their relationship. As Ben felt he was being replaced slowly by Joe, you felt you were slowly being replaced by Zoe. It was mostly due to you having more free time to spend with Joe since Ben was always busy with Zoe and vice versa. You always invited Ben out with Joe and you, but you rarely went out with Ben and Zoe because you hated feeling like a third wheel.

The movie was soon released and the awards season rolled in quickly afterwards. You were always fascinated with the Oscars so you were very excited to possibly go with Ben in person, opposed to sitting at home watching it with him, which is what you had done every year before. Ben and Joe were invited to a couple awards ceremonies and you just stayed at home watching as all the photos were plastered over your Instagram.