Chapter Six

*two years later*
You had started your new official job, you left your internship with 'EastEnders', with Ben following not too far behind.

You had started working alongside Bryan Singer who was one of the producers on X-Men. You managed to convince Bryan to even get Ben an audition for a part in the movie and they totally hit it off.

Unsurprisingly, Ben got the part of 'Archangel/Warren Worthington lll'. You felt so proud of Ben – you guys were like the perfect pair and always found you seemed to follow each other around movie/TV sets. You were basically Ben's agent despite him having an actual agent.

Nothing had really changed for the past couple of years, although you and Nathan had officially started dating year ago. Today was your one year anniversary in fact.

Ben hadn't changed much – he was still quite the womaniser, but he'd slowed down a bit to really focus on his acting career, which made you feel even more proud of him.

You had planned something special for Nathan tonight. You were cooking him a romantic dinner and you were gonna surprise him when he got home from work – you even told him you were too busy with work tonight and put on your most disappointed face you could to be extra convincing.

You had picked out the perfect red dress to wear tonight. It fit you perfectly, and hugged every curve, highlighting your features. It stopped just in the middle of your thigh, to expose it, but not give too much away and you were very excited for Nathan to see you wearing it. You had been waiting so long for your one year anniversary.

"I'm going to be late home tonight, Ben." You said, finally finishing shoving the pins in your hair, and admiring how good you looked tonight in your bedroom mirror. You always loved to get 'glammed up' for special occasions seen as most days you wore no makeup and sweats, with your hair tied messily back into a bun.

"I guess that means Nathan's getting lucky tonight." He retorted, which made you spin around on your heels to shoot him a glare.

He was staring at you in a way you hadn't seen before, or maybe you had but hadn't noticed, but his eyes were subtly exploring your body, as if he was trying to stop himself. You chose to ignore it and assumed you were just overthinking it. You knew Ben wasn't Nathan's biggest fan, but you had been dating for a year now – it was safe to say things were pretty serious between you – but as time went on Ben seemed to resent him more.

"Why can't you just give him a chance – I can't move forward with him if my best friend doesn't like him." You said happily. You weren't gonna let anything ruin today, not even Ben's attitude towards your boyfriend.

"I still don't trust him. He's got a suspicious look about him." He said, walking to the kitchen to get a cup of tea.

You appeared in the doorway. "Ben, I've dated him for a year, I've known him for two years, Christ he helped you get that job on EastEnders – I trust him completely, with my life." You said, a slight annoyance in your tone.

Ben scoffed and poured the freshly boiled water into the kettle. "I know y/n." He said with a defeated tone, turning around and leaning on the counter. "I'm sorry – I've been selfish. I just started getting worried he was gonna take you away from me at some point. I'm just scared to lose you – ever since you came into my life everything has gone uphill. I cant help but feel like you're my good luck charm, I mean how else would I get the roles I've gotten if it wasn't for you." He continued.