Chapter Thirty-Three

You looked back up to his bright eyes again. "I'm pregnant. With your child" you said, flinching waiting for his response.

"y-you're pregnant? Are you sure?" he asked.

"they confirmed it at the hospital" you nodded, almost ashamedly.

"why didn't you tell me?" he asked a bewildered look on his face.

"well...honestly I needed reassurance it was yours, and I didn't want to say anything until I knew for sure" you responded, laughing lightly to try and relieve some of the tension.

"and it's mine?" he asked, a hopeful glint in his eyes, which restored your hope that the two of you might be okay.

"yes, is that okay? Do you still want to marry me?" you asked, suddenly panicked.

"are you joking? I would marry you on the spot if I could. Of course a baby was slightly further down our timeline than I intended, but if it has to now, I have no complaints" he exclaimed happily. "oh I love you. I love you so much y/n" he said, pulling you in for another kiss, before laughing and pulling away again. "can I put the ring on your finger now?" he asked, still laughing.

You nodded, crying and laughing at the same time. He slipped the ring on your finger and it fit perfectly. You stared at it in all it's glory and perfection. "Ben I love it" you finally managed to say, wrapping your arms around him. He lifted you up and spun you round causing you to elicit a squeal.

"we better start searching for that house now then" he said. "can't raise a baby in this tiny apartment" he added.

"no we can't" you agreed, unable to wipe the smile off your face.

*one week later*

*Ben's POV*

"Congrats man" Joe exclaimed, pulling Ben into a hug.

"Thanks, I don't know when we'll get the chance to actually have the wedding though - it's way too stressful to plan, while having a baby on top of house-hunting, but once the baby comes it'll be hard to find any time to do it. I don't want to put y/n under anymore stress, I want her to relax as much as she can" Ben sighed.

He was excited for the baby, but there was an evident tone of disappointment in his voice. He wanted to marry you right now, there had been too much time already wasted.

"Well why not just have a quickie. Just really small gathering, I'll even ordain" Joe laughed, not taking his idea seriously at all.

"I mean...we could" Ben said, looking hopefully into Joes eyes.

"No don't give me that look. I can't plan a wedding, are you insane?" Joe half laughed.

"Come on, you're my best friend. It should be an honour to plan my wedding" Ben laughed, jokingly punching him in the arm.

Joe let out an over-exaggerated groan before letting out a small laugh. "Fine, I'm asking Lucy to help me though. It'll need a feminine touch" he replied.

"Joe, you're absolutely amazing" Ben exclaimed. "Thank you so much" he smiled.

"Yeah, I know" Joe smirked. "Well go tell her" he continued, signalling to the exit of the bar.

Ben smiled to himself, grabbing his coat and leaving to walk back to your apartment.

He wasn't sure what your opinion on it would be, but he was willing to do anything to make it happen for the two of you. He couldn't wait to see you approaching him in your wedding dress, looking as stunning as ever, with the brightest smile he's ever seen on your face. The thought really brought tears to his eyes.