Chapter Thirty-Six

*Ben's POV*

"Mate, I need your help - the weddings tonight" Ben said to Joe, breathlessly, running to his car, trying to hold his phone steady to his ear.

"What?!" Joe exclaimed. "Ben that's amazing!"

"Yes and I'll need help from my co-best man" Ben said, starting up his car. "I need to borrow one of your suits"

"See, this is why I'm the best co-best man - I have everything in your size" Joe said.

"Well I'm slightly broader than you, but yeah sure same size" Ben laughed. "I'm heading to yours just now"

"Okay, I'm just calling Lucy now, she'll be able to help me plan everything" Joe said, hanging up.

When Ben arrived, Joe was quick to open the door and usher him in.

"So I just called Lucy, she's pretty much planned everything out already which is great I was kinda freaking out. She's booked out y/n's favourite café and has booked the florist and pretty much everything under the sun that you'd need for a wedding. I've got my suits lined out for you and Gwil and Rami are on their way to help" Joe said, leading Ben to the line up of suits.

"Okay I'll try them on" Ben said, picking up the first one that was black tie.

By the time he'd tried it on, Gwilym and Rami had arrived and helped him finally decide on a suit with a blue tie. It was slightly tight around his shoulders, but he didn't care. He was marrying you - the love of his life. He was just excited to see you at the alter and to then move into a real home with you and to grow old with you.

"Okay, Lucy just texted me the address. Her and y/n are already there so we should probably go" Joe said with a sudden sense of urgency, and they all got into Ben's car.

*Y/N's POV*

when you arrived, Lucy had taken you to your favourite café. It was secluded and private so no one could see in the windows and was extravagantly decorated with curtain lights hung from the windows, fairy lights decorating the alter and even a fireplace was lit.

Lucy had clearly called in decorators to add flowers all over the place and more lights, which made you feel nostalgic and you revelled in it. This was exactly how you pictured tonight going and you couldn't begin to thank Lucy enough.

"Lucy...I can't believe you did this" you said breathlessly.

"Just took a few calls. I know some people who were more than willing to help" she smirked and led you to the back room. "So this is where we'll add the final touches to your outfit. The guys are on their way so it won't be long until we're ready to start and Joe has something he wants to ask you before you go out" she smiled.

"Okay let's go" you said, and Lucy started fixing parts of your hair that had fallen out because of the wind that never seemed to lift in London.

She was touching up your makeup when you heard the door open along with deep voices.

"That must be them, give me a minute" Lucy rushed out.

She sent Ben into a different room to get changed, while Gwilym and Joe helped to finalise the set up in the café.

You were finally ready to change when Joe knocked on the door and entered.
"Wow y/n...you look amazing" Joe sighed.

"Thank you Joe" you said, engulfing him in a hug. "You had something you wanted to ask me?" You asked.

"Well, I wanted to see if you would let me accompany you down the 'aisle'. I know I'm not direct family, but I would be honoured" he smiled.

"Joe...of course, thank you so so much" you said with a smile plastered onto your face. You once again brought him into a tight embrace and wouldn't let go of him. Just the fact he thought to do it in the first place made you realise how lucky you were to have such amazing friends. "I couldn't imagine having anyone else walk me down" you added.

"Okay good, I won't go too far. Let me know when you're ready" he smiled, placing a kiss on your forehead, then leaving.