Chapter Eighteen

The awards ceremony finished and you and the cast all got drinks. Everyone was drunk by the end of the night, but you couldn't remember the last time you had that much fun. You just videoed each other dancing and did photoshoots of the guys with the award.

"Y/n" you heard, followed by a hiccup and Ben stumbled over to you.

"Sounds like someone's taken advantage of the open bar" you laughed, looking down at your mess of a best friend. He slumped onto the chair next to you and let out a sigh.

You were seated in a secluded corner of the bar, watching everyone clumsily dancing whilst drunk. Ben had been one of the ones you were watching before he somehow managed to find you, despite his vision being completely distorted.

"Might as well while I'm here" he replied, resting his head on your shoulder while you kept your eyes on the dance floor.

'Rocketman' by Elton John began playing, and with Ben knowing that it was your favourite Elton John song, he slowly stood up and extended a hand to you.

"Dance with me" He slurred.

"Ben, you're completely shit-faces and you don't dance, I don't think you can dance in your current state" you giggled.

"Course I can, I'll make it a dance you'll never forget" he smirked.

"Ben, I can guarantee you won't remember this is the morning" you mumbled, letting him guide you to the dance floor.

"And how can you guarantee that?" He asked, furrowing his brow, while placing his hands on your waist.

"I've seen you this drunk before. You couldn't remember calling you're entire family all night" you laughed, wrapping both your arms around his neck.

"That's not that bad" he scoffed.

"You have two parents and three siblings" you replied. "It was also 3:00am, they were very annoyed" you added.

"Okay fine, maybe I won't remember any of this" he sighed, pressing his head against your forehead.

You slid your hand further up into his hair subconsciously, and looked him in the eyes. You hadn't noticed that Ben had pulled you closer into his body. As much as you hated that you couldn't deny your feelings for Ben, it felt so right to be so close to him. For his hands to be so tight around your waist.

You couldn't tell what he was thinking, until he pulled his head away from yours, lifting your chin so his lips could meet yours.

You wrapped your arms tighter around him, pulling him deeper into the kiss. It was devastating how perfect his lips felt on yours and how in sync the two of you were - as if you were made for each other.

You turned your head to change the position you were kissing in, but since you had pulled him in so close, you bumped teeth. You both began giggling slightly, and you knew the moment was over. It was just a drunken mistake.

You continued swaying to the song until it was over. You knew Ben wouldn't remember this, and you weren't sure if that was good or bad. All you can be sure of is that you had some kind of feelings for Ben that you knew you could no longer deny.

Joe, Lucy and Rami all came over to you then, officially ending the moment between you and Ben. Throughout the rest of the night the crowd of people surrounding you all grew, but your kiss with Ben was burned into the forefront of your mind.

The night wound down, and you all headed back to Joe's, with the exception of Rami and Lucy. It had been one of the best nights of your life - it was exactly how you expected it to be.

LA was like a dream to you. Your life long dream had been to go the Oscars and you had finally done it, not to mention that Rami actually won the Oscar. You weren't staying for long, however. You had to get back to work, but everyone else was staying back in LA for a week.

It was the morning of you leaving and you had already packed your stuff and were ready to go to the airport. You hugged all your friends goodbye, before getting to Ben. You wanted him to remember your kiss so badly, so it could give you an inkling as to whether what you were feeling was okay, but it was no use. You knew Ben well enough to notice that he would act different if he remembered. He was the way he usually was. Happy and hungover.

At first you were hesitant to hug him, not knowing what kind of thoughts it'd put in your head, but before you could decide, Ben had scooped you up in his arms, embracing you with a tight hold.

"I'll see you soon" he said, but it almost sounded like a question.

"So long as there's no more break ins" you laughed lightly, your smile quickly fading at the thought of having to stay in your apartment by yourself. You only felt safe in your apartment when Ben was there, but you couldn't ask Ben to leave early for you. You knew how much he was enjoying himself and you couldn't be selfish with him.

"If there is, then I'm never leaving your side again" he said, a serious undertone in his voice coated by his smile.

"I'll see you at home" you squeezed his hand. You took in his features briefly so as you'd remember this for the next week. It was only a week, but you were struggling with your feelings for him right now and didn't know if you could go a week without him.

"Yes I will" he returned a smile, before letting Joe finally drive you to the airport.

"you sure you can't stay?" Joe pouted, watching you from the car window. "Just do your work here" he added.

"I would love to, but I've been called in for a meeting for a movie that I might be working on. I have to go to this meeting if I want to take part in it, and I have a bunch of work to do for it before I go and id get distracted too easily here" you shrugged, kissing Joe on the cheek and waving goodbye.

The plane was slowly making it's way back to London and all you could think about was Ben. Did you really have feelings for him? What if they were only temporary and after a while you got fed up of it and ruined everything? You really wished you weren't stuck on a plane while you were thinking this, you couldn't even distract yourself with social media.