Stop Staring, She Isn't Interested

Iz's POV.

.

.

.

.

Cmon, Stark. Please please please talk to me. I said miserably.

It has officially been four days since the last time I talked to Stark and it was slowly killing me.

"Bloody hell." I muttered under my breath and a guy that sat across from raised an eyebrow at my direction.

I blushed. "Nothing. Stop staring." I scowled.

"Yes. Stop staring, she isn't interested." I bit my lip when I heard that damn voice. It had an arrogant note to it and it also held an edge.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Bloody asshole ended up being in four of my six classes. He was starting to get so damn annoying.

"Shut the bloody hell up." I muttered.

He laughed. "Your British insults don't faze me." He chuckled.

I blew out a breath and I decided to focus on my work. Absentmindedly, I wondered what Stark was doing. I groaned inwardly. Why the hell isn't he answering!

I huffed in annoyance and I decided two can play at that game. If he was going to ignore me, I was going to ignore him too.

With my new found resolve, I leaned back in my seat and relaxed. I closed my eyes for a few seconds. It has only been three days and I was already overwhelmed with school. I was really smart but the work came piling and piling. I found myself getting tired easily and I absentmindedly looked out the window.

A few seconds later the bell rang and I slowly put my things in my bag. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed softly.

"What's wrong?" A soft voice said behind me.

I turned around and looked at Raz tiredly. I shrugged. "Nothing. Not like it matters anyway." I turned around sharply and headed out. It was Friday and this was my last period. Biology sucked sometimes.

I passed by locker to put away my stuff. I left the school building and I was walking to my car. I glanced around and I was surprised to see almost everyone gone. I must've zoned out again. I closed my eyes as I unlocked my car and just as I was about to open the car door a surprisingly warm hand landed on my arm. I opened my eyes in shock and then I blushed furiously as a finger caressed one of my cutting scars. I looked behind me and saw Raz. His gold eyes looked at my arm sadly. "Why do you do this to yourself?" He asked me softly.

"I-I-" I stuttered. No one but Stark had asked me that. I looked into his eyes and I looked away quickly. I didn't want him to see the turmoil and emptiness I felt inside. I pulled my arm away quickly and made an attempt at hiding the rest of my scars. I failed miserably. How he knew that I had scars was beyond me. "It's nothing." I muttered looking down at my feet.

I could hear him sigh. "It's something, Iz."

My eyes widened in surprise and I looked up at him. Only my trusted friends and family called me Iz. In school everyone called me Iza. For Isa- belle. My mouth opened but then closed.

He grunted, ignoring my surprise and shock. "Look, you shouldn't cut yourself anymore. You're too beautiful for that." His eyes softened and I found myself getting mesmerized. He smiled a genuine smile and I was breathless for a second. "I'm not going to make you promise. But next time you feel upset and you feel that overwhelming urge to cut, think of the ocean. Think of something that brings you peace." He touched my cheek and looked deep into my dark eyes. "Something that brings you happiness. Or someone." For some reason he emphasized 'someone'.