If You Stare At it Long And Hard

Iz

.

.

Three weeks have passed since Jaxson explained to me all those things.

To say I'm terrified is a freaking understatement.

But this is something I have to do. And even though I'm beyond terrified, I want to do this.

"Are you listening to me?" Raz asked me.

We were currently sitting at a small table in a a coffee shop. We were discussing my training and what will happen when I turn eighteen.

"Of course I'm listening, Raz." I rolled my eyes.

He shrugged. "Well you have been staring at the table like you think it will move if you stare at it long and hard."

I smacked his arm. "I wasn't doing that. And I was just thinking."

His face softened and he hugged me. "I know it's terrifying for you. But I'm proud. You haven't tried hiding. And you surely haven't decided not to do this. You're real strong."

I smiled at him. "I guess. I just don't understand what you just said. Do I really have to do that?"

He nodded. "Yes. It is mandatory that all angels follow the rules strictly. We have thousands of angels in Heaven and they will be sent to earth to fight whatever problems there is. Demon problems or just humans messing with things they aren't supposed to."

I sighed. "I just don't want to kill anyone. I know you said it is inevitable but I don't want to exist knowing I killed innocent people."

He sighed. "I know. I dont like it either but it is for the safety of the rest of humanity. Your birthday is in two weeks. You have to be prepared for all things to come. The war is inevitable. You have to fight."

"I never said I wasn't going to. This is just... it will take some time getting used to."

"Elle!" Someone said behind me. I ignored Raz's expression darken and I looked behind me to see Xian. He ran to me and gave me a hug. "Hey so, Jaxson sent me to tell you that he needs to talk to you. It's about that thing you wanted him to look into and-"

"What thing?" Raz interrupted. Xian stared at him like a deer caught in headlights. "Well? Aren't you going to tell me?" He asked in an exasperated tone.

Xian's eyes widened. "Angel Raziel, that is business that I cannot discuss. If you want to know you have to ask Elle."

Raz gritted his teeth. "Leave. She will see you in a while."

Xian's eyes widened even more and he hugged me before running off. I followed him with my eyes and saw him get into Dimitrius's exotic car.

I sighed and looked at Raz. "Is it really necessary to run him off? Don't shoot the messenger."

He scowled. "I don't like him. And I don't like the way he looks at you." He muttered.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "And how exactly does Xi look at me?" I used the nickname I use for Xian just to bother him.

He clenched his hands into fists. "Like you're a lollipop." He muttered.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Speak louder or don't speak at all."

He glared at me. "He looks like a puppy when he looks at you. You're like his owner."

I laughed. "Yeah no."

"Why don't I get a nickname." He muttered and glared at the table.

This guy is way too cute, I swear.