You Will Be Okay, My Love

Iz

.

.

.

I tried to move but my hands and legs were tied up with rope. I was in a room that was half lit. It looked like a really big cell.

I hung my head. Not this again.

I looked back up when I heard the click-clack of shoes.

The owners of the shoes was a man. He was wearing very professional looking shoes. He stood in front of me.

He was wearing a tux and on top of that he had on a trench coat. On his head he had a red baseball cap. The top half of his face was hidden in the shadows. With only seeing one half of his face, I knew he was beautiful.

I could tell he had sharp features. He smiled at me, almost in a seductive way and I found myself still. My mind was trying to process why he was smiling at me in such a provocative way. "Hello again, shortcake."

"What do you want?" My voice was raspy. Like, I hadn't talked in days. I was also very thirsty for some water.

"That doesn't matter, my beauty." He crouched in front of me. He had something in his hand but I couldn't see what it was. "I'm going to ask you one last time, fight for me."

I shook my head. "Never."

He put a syringe close to my face. I looked at it, frightened. It had glowing blue liquid inside it. "I always get what I want, shortcake. I stop at nothing." With one hand, he placed a stray strand of hair behind my ear. "This is devil craft." He studied the needle with a smirk. "It's not the best. It's actually pretty weak. But this is a small taste of what I will do to you if you keep rejecting me."

And with that, he plunged the needle into my neck.

All of a sudden, a familiar Russian voice roared. "NO!"

I looked up at the new person that came into the room. It was Aaron. I opened my mouth to tell him to help me but I couldn't talk. The devil craft was making me feel weak.

Luc, please help me. I hoped our link did not break. Please let me talk to him, I pleaded.

Luc, please, I need you. At this point I felt like crying.

I was so focused on talking to Luc that I didn't notice what was happening in front of me.

Aaron was on the floor, on his knees, looking up at the other man. Aaron looked bloody, like he was just punched in the face any times. Even if I couldn't see his eyes, I knew I would see so much hate and anger.

To my horror, the man had a dagger in his hand.

"No!" I screamed.

All of a sudden, the scene changed. I looked around frantically and then I stilled as I looked down at my feet.

Aaron was on his knees, looking up at me with so much affection. He looked at me like I was his sun and without me he didn't know what to do.

I felt something on my hand and I was scared to see what I was holding. With frightened determination, I looked at my hand. To my utter disbelief, I had a dagger. It was the dagger the man was holding not so long ago. I looked back down at Aaron and he looked so sad.

"Do it. I deserve it. You will be okay, my love." He whispered, looking up at me, his green eyes filled with sadness.

I shook my head. "I can't. I can't kill you." I tried to whisper back. But that's not what I said. I couldn't control what I was saying. Anything I wanted to say, I couldn't. It felt like someone else was controlling my body and I couldn't do anything.