Aaron's POV

Aaron's POV

.

.

He walked through the busy streets of New York City. He didn't exactly like the city. It was beautiful at night but ugly in the day.

And he disliked people.

Oh how people annoyed him. Their constant chatter of irrelevant things. They are ignorant. They don't know what he knows. They haven't seen what he has seen.

They are lucky.

He was too busy thinking about annoying people that he didn't see the puddle. He stepped on the puddle, getting his expensive shoes dirty. Before he could curse, his phone started to ring it's annoying iPhone ringtone. He growled low in his throat and reluctantly shoved his hands into the pockets of his expensive business suit. He answered the phone without checking who it was.

"What?" He growled. His slight Russian accent was pronounced when he was angry or annoyed.

"He wants to see you in his office." A smooth voice drawled.

Aaron stopped walking and stood frozen in his tracks. "Why?" He asked with annoyance in his voice.

"He wants to talk to you about the plans he has about the new to be angel."

His throat fell to his stomach. He could taste bile as it clawed its way up his throat. What could he want with her?

He felt stupid for asking that.

He knew what that man wanted with Angel.

He swallowed to remove the bitter taste at the back of his throat. "I will be there. Tell him I'll be in his office in ten." He snapped.

He hung up and he clenched his jaw to control his anger.

He started to walk. People moved away from his way. It was as if they could feel just how powerful he was and they moved so they didn't face his wrath. Smart people.

As he walked, he couldn't stop the memories of Angel resurfacing.

When he saw her at the club, in that beautiful black dress, he knew who she was. Isabelle Cipriano.

He's seen pictures of her. Pictures that his spy had gotten for him. She was beautiful. But not even photographs displayed her true beauty.

When he saw her for the first time, he was shocked for two reasons. Firstly, he had not expected her to be there. Secondly, her beauty knocked the breath out of him.

She was an exotic beauty. With her black hair and her dark eyes. With one look at her, he knew she was powerful and strong. Most of all, she was fierce.

She was beyond beautiful. The most beautiful angel he has ever seen. She wasn't even an angel yet and she was the most beautiful. And with his line of work, he had seen many beautiful angels. Too beautiful. Sometimes way too beautiful that their true form kills you.

He took a deep breath and remembered how she had smiled at him. Like he was a good man.

He repeated the mantra that was carved into his mind. "To care, is showing weakness. To feel, is being weak. To love, is the worst kind of punishment."

He repeated that over and over. But they brought no comfort. She would always be stuck in his mind. In his dreams. In his nightmares.

He clenched his hands into fists and wished that she would get out of his damn mind. He was going crazy just thinking about her smiles and her laughs.