Xzanthonius

Chapter 32

Iz

.

.

One week.

One freaking fudging week till I am an angel.

The realization of thar never ceases to knock me breathless. In exactly seven days, my world will change. I will change.

I'm scared.

I look around the building I'm in. Raz had taken me to a gym. Well, it was one of my dads secret hide outs. It is secluded and no one will know what is really going on here. My training and other things like that.

It looks like a modern gym. It's huge, this building. There are all types of equipment in here. Along the walls, there are mirrors. I can see Raz sitting on a mat with a black tshirt and black sweatpants.

I look at myself in the mirror that is along the wall.

Who is this girl staring back at me?

She has black eyes, long black hair. She's tall and pretty. But she looks broken. Her eyes have aged sixty years. And even now, her eyes keep aging.

That girl is me.

Raz smiles sadly at me. "Calm down, okay?" He must have noticed how scared I was.

We had been training since I had woken up this morning. Not long ago, he decided to take a break from training.

I shook my head. "I can't. I'm terrified. What if I can't save the world? Everyone will be doomed and it will be because of me."

Raz stood up and walked over to me. "You will be the greatest warrior of heaven. I can feel it. You are strong and powerful. There is no doubt about that."

I pressed my forehead against the mirror. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Even so, what if I'm not strong enough?"

Raz shook his head. "You are very strong, darling. You have a pure soul and a kind heart. But you do what needs to be done, no matter the consequences. You will be our leader. The one that marches us off into battle. We will fight alongside you. Always."

I took a deep breath and shook my head. I don't know if I could do this.

But what I did know, I couldn't keep living like this. We all make mistakes. And sometimes we're forced to do things we don't want to. We shouldn't let fear take control of us, of our actions, our emotions. If we do, what is the point of living if you always live in fear?

I looked at myself one last time at the mirror before looking at Raz. "I'm ready to continue."

He grinned at me. "And you can't begin training if you don't have your weapon." Raz looked excited and I raised an eyebrow at him. He chuckled. "Sorry. It's just that I've been waiting for this for a while. It's finally time to meet your soul in battle."

He started pacing back and forth. "Every angel has their own weapon. That weapon is part of their soul. Don't ask how, I have no idea. Only the angel that makes the weapons tells. And she's not exactly the sharing type. It's a mystery. But you will be given five weapons. You will fight with all of them. Once you have found your weapon and it has chosen you, we will begin the real training."

I crossed my arms and looked at him slightly confused. "When?"

Raz smirked. "Now."

All of a sudden everything started to shake. The walls and the ground and I just stood there dumbfounded. Was there an earthquake?