XXXIX

Axel Thesleff - Bad Karma

  ⚠️Very long chapter ahead⚠️

...........................

The dark animal snarled and growled in anger, letting its pointy canines and dripping saliva be displayed. It made a scoffing sound as it started circling Aurnia in an intimidating pace; only the female was far from being shun away. If anything it was only some pesky amusement she held in her eyes.

Her defiance was irritating the demigod as she growled in a low warning to submit. But Aurnia smirked as her own fangs and claws came out, her eyes glowed their steady aqua as her blondish-blue hair flared around her angrily.

Both females stared each other down, each as intense and animalistic as the other, but somehow clashing against each other. Then Mortess done with waiting around pounced at Aurnia, rear claws pointed at an angle which could rip the latter's throat out. Aurnia only smirked wider, remaining completely still until the black wolf reached her face where it hanged in mid-air instantly.

Aurnia mockingly tilted her head to the side and with a wave of her hand, Mortess went spiraling the other and landed with a hard crash through one of the wide glass doors. The moonstone strided nonchalantly through the shredded door and saw a bloody wolf huffing and puffing at her. Mortess unhappily growled at her only receiving an eyeroll.

"Give up already, make us a favor and stop struggling so that we can end it sooner." both Aurnia and her beast hissed impatiently at the regenerating demigod. The bloody fur turned to smooth bruised up skin in the blink of an eye; Mortess let out a strangled laugh."You can't kill me. You know that, my mother told you."

Taken aback, Aurnia frowned in confusion. "Oh yes. You thought I didn't see your little meet and greet up there? I was savoring you and then everything turned to light, and I saw...her. And I know that you can't defeat alone. So I won't give you anytime to search for the others who can!" without any warning, black vapour firmed around Aurnia, closing in on her - its putrid scent suffocated her. She started coughing and tried to push it back with her light but it only drew closer and tighter around her.

Her lungs were begging for pure air, they burned and squeezed against her chest. All she could do was hear the sneering of Mortess outside.

"Oh how the tables have turned. But I knew they would, I always get what I want." Aurnia started seeing dots and knew she would pass out at any moment, but she still listened to the taunting.

"When the moonstone will come out from your dead body, I'll capture it, and have total control of the universe. Every living thing will worship me as their god!" a shrill cackle came from Aurnia's right. For some inhuman reason, she was still alive and gurgled out "W-Why?"

The black fume momentarily squeezed tighter around her.

"You don't know how it feels to be the last child, the unexpected child, the unwanted child. You had parents who loved you. I had a mother who loved her sons more than her own daughter and lied about her love for me! She didn't want me on earth with my brothers, she didn't want me to mingle with the humans or leave that disgusting Olympus! She wanted me sequestrated in there forever! She didn't love me the way she loved everyone else! But now non of that matters. I'll be the supreme being, I'll overrule her and every fucking god up there!" Mortess' voice turned furious and dark but without knowing it, she had let her guard down and the black smoke had subsided slightly allowing Aurnia to breath again and recollect her thoughts.