TTB - Chapter Three

Friday, October 5th, 2018

Sophia's POV

"Oh gosh, I think I am going to be sick. He acts like a darn child in my class - taking phone calls, coming in late, etc. And get this, two weeks ago he kissed me!"

"What did Alessandro say?" Stacey asked.

"It's weird because he was not upset at all when I told him. If Mr. Kelley knows Mariah that you are my sister, he may put your job in jeopardy."

"But sis, remember he needs your class."

"That's true, but I don't trust him. Let's not dwell on him anymore. How about celebrating Mariah's new job and enjoy the rest of our weekend?"

Mariah agreed. "Yes, let's celebrate."

I hope he does not use this against me because Mariah is excited about this job.

Griffin's POV

I can't wait until I see Ms. Parker again. She doesn't know that I know her sister is now my executive secretary. I said I was going to make her life miserable. Well, guess what? It starts on Monday.

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy myself in New York and visit with Shane. He is picking me up from the airport. We should be close to landing. That is one of the advantages of owning a private jet.

"Griffin, buckle up. We are approaching the airport to land," My pilot Liam announced over the loudspeaker. So, I buckled up. Not long after we landed safely in New York.

There is a private entrance that I was able to enter. Shane said he would wait for me there.

It was a short ride. As soon as the tram came to a stop, I got off. Then, I spotted Shane at the gate entrance.

"Thanks for coming to get me, Shane. I needed a break from Chicago."

"You're welcome, Griffin. Let's get out of here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks for letting me use your penthouse, Shane. I needed to get away from Chicago. Man, that teacher I have is infuriating. It is already bad enough I had to go back to University."

"Griffin buddy, you need someone tough. I remember when we first met. You and I didn't have a pleasant introduction to each other. But look at us now - we are good friends. Maybe it is not her who is infuriating."

Oh no! Not Shane too.

"What makes the teacher infuriating?"

"Well, she gave the class homework on the first day of class. Who does that?! She already gave us a class project too. And, can't forget that dang quiz "

Shane crossed his arms. "And, what's wrong with that? Isn't she just doing her job? Now, Griffin, I know you. Sometimes you can be annoying. You didn't have a problem with it back when you were in college. So, why is it a problem now?And, what have you done to make her infuriated?"

Shane is one of the few people that can say that about me. But he is right I can be annoying.

"It started back in June when I found out about the University's audit. I didn't know she would be my teacher back then, but we had an encounter at a restaurant. One of my friends was drawn to her and they were ogling each other at the restaurant all night. I was already frustrated and wanted my friends' undivided attention. Both my group and her group left at the same time. I grabbed her arm real tight while irritated."