TTB - Chapter Twenty - Three

Monday, April 29th, 2019

Griffin's POV

"I know you are probably mad, and you have every right to be. I'm sorry about the way I left. I had to get away from Chicago. I need some space to think about the next step - whether we have a future together, now or never. I promise I will be back before graduation to give you my answer.

Love, Sophia"

I have read Sophia's text over twenty times since she sent it last night. The students in her class were equally surprised about Sophia's leave of absence. I couldn't concentrate. I took the Dean's offer about not attending class anymore. I will be back to take the final exam, which Sophia did agree to work on while in New York.

I should have taken today off from work. My mind is on Sophia in New York.

"Griffin, I think you should head home. Your mind is obviously on Sophia. I checked your schedule, and you don't have any meetings today. You actually don't have any this week, so you might be better taking the week off."

"Ethan, all I am going to do is mope around the house if I take the week off. I didn't get an ounce of sleep last night. And, I read Sophia's text over 20 times. I swear if Sophia is not in my future, I'm going to lose it."

"Griffin, the only thing you may have to do is postpone the wedding. Sophia just needed some space. Those nasty women are evil. I researched all of them, and they are all single. Jealous is the best word to use. How about I schedule an emergency meeting with you, me, and Mariah? We can go out to lunch. Or, have you pick something for us to do."

"How about spending a few days in New York? We can stay at the hotel there."

"You spying on Sophia?"

"I sure am. See when we can get a flight. And, don't forget to tell Mariah."

"You got it."

***********

Sophia's POV

I have been spending the day with Bliss and Shane's mom, Adrian.

"Thank you both for spending the day with me. You didn't have to take a day off from work."

"Sophia, you're my friend. Friends support each other. Wherever you want to go, that's what Adrian and I are going to do."

"Bliss is right, Sophia. Shane's friends are my children too. If you want me to, I have no problem flying back to Chicago with you and make sure those tramps do not mess with you as again," Adrian says, causing me to chuckle.

"Sophia, she means it. My mom passed away, so Adrian is my mom figure. She's a special woman. Adrian is one of the most supportive people I have ever met. She will always have your back."