TTB - Chapter Thirty-One

Saturday, August 3rd, 2019

Griffin's POV

"Sophia, please wake up." I didn't shake her out of fear of making things worse.

"Griffin, the paramedics are here," I heard Christian say.

"What caused the patient to collapse?" One of the paramedics asked.

"My wife has had dizzy spells this evening. The first one happened about an hour ago. I asked her if she was okay, and she said yes. Just a few minutes ago, after dancing with her father, she told him she felt light-headed. As they were walking back to me, my wife collapsed."

"Sir, what is your wife's name?"

"Sophia Kelley."

"Mr. Kelley, I need you to trust me. We are going to do all we can to make sure your wife will be okay. You're more than welcome to come with us in the ambulance."

"Griffin, go ahead. Don't worry about the party. Which hospital is my daughter going to?" Christian asked the paramedics as they gently lifted Sophia onto the stretcher.

"We are taking her to Grand Oak General Hospital."

"We'll be there shortly, Griffin. Get going before the ambulance leaves."

I quickly caught up to the paramedics. After placing Sophia into the ambulance, I sat on the side with one of the paramedics. The other two went to start the ambulance and take us to the hospital.

"Does your wife have any allergies that you know of to any medicines?"

"The only thing she is allergic to is strawberries and tree nuts. I don't believe she is allergic to any medications."

"Okay. Mrs. Sophia, can you hear me? We are on our way to the hospital. We have your husband here with us."

Sophia opened her eyes. "Where am I?"

"Honey, your husband said you collapsed at your party. We are taking you to the hospital to see what caused you to collapse," one of the paramedics said to Sophia.

"Sophie, Christian told me that you began feeling light-headed while dancing. When you both started walking back to the table, you collapsed on the ground."

"Sorry about the party."

"Dimples, my main concern is to see what caused you to collapse. I could care less about the party. Morgan and Christian are on the way to the hospital."

"Okay."

I grabbed Sophia's hands and kissed them. The ambulance parked in front of the emergency entrance. Sophia was then lifted out of the ambulance and rushed inside.

"Mr. Kelley, I can take you to the private waiting room. What are your wife's parents' names? Follow me."

"Their names are Morgan and Christian Parker. My parents are Niall and Brigid Kelley. I'm sure they will be with them."