TTB - Chapter Twenty-Five

Sunday, May 19th, 2019

Griffin's POV

Sophia and I have had the most amazing time the past two weeks.

We flew to Saint Thomas. We went swimming, shopping, snorkeling, etc. We had to buy more luggage for the gifts and additional clothes we bought during our trip.

Last night, we attended Graeme and Janiyah's wedding. It was beautiful, and we had a fantastic time.

We are resting today before we fly back to Chicago tomorrow morning. Sophia and I are sitting in a hammock on a secluded beach that is near our suite.

"I could absolutely see myself living here. It sucks we have to leave tomorrow. But, I am glad you suggested for us to take a vacation."

"You're welcome, Dimples. We needed this vacation to get back in our groove. When is your first day back at the university?"

"I go back to teaching on Wednesday. I need to apologize to my students and the Dean for abruptly leaving like I did. I did finish the Finals' exam."

"Is the exam hard?"

"Now, Griffin Aidan Kelley, I'm not going to answer that question. All I am going to say is you're the top student in my classes. You have nothing to worry about."

"I had to try. I'm going to schedule the press conference for after graduation."

"Griffin, regardless of when we have it, people are going to think I showed favoritism towards you for your grades."

"Then, let them think that. Sophia, I'm in my thirties. Those people who think that are insulting my intelligence. Let me handle that. And, if anyone bothers you about it, let me know. "

"I promise to tell you. I can't wait to see my kids ‐ Bailey and Jellybean. What time are we leaving in the morning?"

"They can't wait to see you too. Our flight leaves St. Thomas at 10:00 am. It is a 5-hour flight, plus there is a time difference of an hour. We'll land at 2:00 pm, Chicago time. Christian and Morgan are coming to pick us up. They want to see their Sophie."

"I want to see them too. We better start packing our things. I'm buying a hammock for the Summer so we can cuddle in it. I love this thing."

"Before we start packing, how about a dip?"

"No. It's late. I'm going back inside our suite."

Sophia stood up and started walking inside. She ought to know me by now. I sure did walk behind her and scooped her in my arms.

"Griffin Kelley put me down!!"

"Okay, I'll put you down." We took a walk over to the ocean, and I put Sophia down like she asked me. As soon as I dropped Sophia in the water, I took off towards our suite.