TTB - Chapter Eight

Sunday, November 25th, 2018

Griffin's POV

"Tara, what are you doing at my front door?! You dumped me, remember? There is nothing to rekindle, so goodbye!" I sure did try to slam the door in her face. But she stopped it.

"Now, Griffin is that any way to treat your favorite ex? I moved back to Chicago and just wanted to see how you are doing."

"As you can see, I'm fine. Now, if you don't mind......"

"Who's at the door at this....."

"It's nobody but an ex who dumped me because I wasn't exciting enough. Those were her words, not mine. Also, according to her, I wasn't rich enough because the next day after she dumped me, I saw her with some dude that was old enough to be her father. Look, Tara, leave me alone. You are interfering with me and MY girlfriend."

"She's your girlfriend? Stop playing, Griffin."

"Excuse me, Griffin." Sophia scooted me out of the way.

"Darn right I am his girlfriend, money-grubbing heifer. The only reason you came back was to see if Griffin was still single so you can mooch off of his money. Well, he is not. And, even if he was, he certainly wouldn't go back to you. Stay away from Griffin Kelley. He is mine."

Sophia is so hot when she is upset. "You heard her. Please leave, and never come back." I shut the door right in her face.

"I'm sorry, Sophia. I'll tell you what happened with Tara. Let's go back into the living room."

We resumed our positions on the couch.

"She was the last girl that I dated in college. Tara was an attention-getter - always wanted to be noticed. How she graduated I have no clue. I was focused on my goals, she wasn't. She was always trying to get me to take her out. How many college kids had money to always go out?"

"Not many. Even though my parents are who they are, I wanted to do things on my own. I didn't ask them for a dime. They did, however, pay for my tuition and student loans. I worked off campus because everyone on campus knew about my mother and father. People always asked me, 'Why are you working? Why are you taking a job from someone else?' I heard it all. Of course, I put them in their place because it is none of their business."

"Sounds like you never let your parents' wealth get to you. I admire that about you. Tara was money hungry back then, and I think she still is. That's why she decided to visit now. She must have gotten dumped and is looking to leech again off someone rich."

"I remember it like it happened yesterday. My parents gave me an early graduation present - a nice SUV and a nice amount of cash. I wanted to take her out to dinner. As soon as I was about to enter her apartment off-campus, she was coming out of the building with her arm linked with someone that seriously was old enough to be her father. Loud and proudly, she told me, "Goodbye, Griffin. You're boring and broke. I have needs and don't see them being filled by you. Be gone."