TTB - Chapter Eighteen

Song for this chapter: Dino "24/7"

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019

Sophia's POV

Who is it this time that is trying to ruin my teaching career?! Needless to say, Griffin and I are equally pissed at this insinuation!

"Dean Robinson, whoever told you that, do they know they can be charged with slander?! That is a horrible thing to say. I wonder never in my life show favoritism to any of my students that I teach! Dean Robinson, this is not only hurtful but disrespectful and I want to know who said it! I'm sorry for my tone, but I have never been more hurt in my life. Griffin and I NEVER told any of my students about us dating because it is nobody's business. He has earned every grade I have given him!"

"Sophia, you don't have to apologize. I understand. I didn't want to believe it, but I had to investigate."

"Sophia did not help me at all. I'm 30 years old, for goodness sake! Did it ever occur to those idiots that I remembered everything from when I went to college over 8 years ago?! I want to know too because charges of slander will be filed. Dean Robinson, Sophia, and I have gone above and beyond to keep our personal lives out of the classroom. I NEVER asked Sophia or propositioned her for anything to pass the class!! I own a multi-billion dollar company!! This is absolutely ridiculous! It's the University's fault that I had to come back in the first place!!"

"Here is what I will do. Sophia, when does your second class end?"

"It ends at five o'clock."

"Okay, I want you and Mr. Kelley to come to the auditorium. Let your students from each class know about the meeting at five o'clock. I will also be there. I don't know exactly who it was because they slid a letter under my office door. Sophia, I know you would never do anything to jeopardize your career. I'm not happy at the accusation either. We will get to the bottom of this. I promise. I understand you sent out your grades for the fall semester."

"Yes, I did. I sent an email to my students on December 14th."

"Hmm, maybe it was a student who didn't like their grade. Don't worry, hon. You are one of the best teachers in the University under my time as the Dean. And you are right Mr. Kelley. That's why I have made changes so the university is audited every year. I just hope we don't lose you over this incident."

"Dean Robinson, this place is my alma mater. And also, where I was able to get my first chance at being a Professor. I was able to achieve my dream way before I thought I could. I owe you so much for this chance. I have no desire to leave. I just want to know who said it."

Griffin's POV

"I'm sorry about making you both miss the morning class. Speaking of grades, Mr. Kelley, you now have enough credits to graduate. You don't have to continue with the class. And I wanted to ask you about walking across the stage in June."