TTB - Chapter Ten

Thursday, November 29th, 2018

Griffin's POV

Today, I am staying at the hotel where Sophia's conference is being held. It is nowhere near the level of my hotels, but it's nice. Hey, don't judge me for seeing how the competition sizes up.

There is a mini food court with seating across from the rooms for the conference, so that is where I am sitting.

She said her first break is at 10:30 am. I wish I could be in that room. Maybe, I could be a guest speaker or something.

I lost track of time because it looks like the first break is here. I see several attendees leaving the conference room. I saw Sophia, but Mr. Idiot was right behind her. That was until he saw me.

She plopped down next to me on the lounge chair I was sitting on.

"How was your first session?"

"It was great, but I am a nervous wreck. I have to give a speech in front of the attendees this afternoon. They want me to give a speech because I am one of the youngest professors in the United States."

This is my chance to get into that room. "Sophia, baby can you have someone with you on the stage?"

"I didn't know until we got here, but they said I could have a student come with me."

"Please, Sophie, let me go with you."

"I did think about that. But, I remembered you saying how embarrassing it was for you to be back in college. So, I brushed that aside."

I grabbed her hands to kiss them. "Baby, those days are gone. It's not your fault that I had to go back to college. You make the class fun, but you also make sure your students are focused and attentive. That's just the way I run my business. I volunteer to go with you."

"You would do that for me?"

"Of course, Ms. Parker. I would do anything for you, and only you."

"I love you, Mr. Kelley. I'll be right back." Sophia went back into the room. Within 10 minutes, Sophia came back.

"Our break ends at 11:00 am. Oh, and on Saturday, there is a dinner reception for attendees and their guests. I want you to come with me. I'll have to go shopping for a dress."

"We can go shopping whichever day you would like."

"Tomorrow after the conference is good for me. I want to sleep in Saturday morning. I've never been here so, I don't know where to shop. I'll text Tatianna and Aiesha about the best places to shop at."

"Sounds like a plan. Looks like everyone is going back in." I turned off my laptop, then Sophia and I entered the conference room.

Sophia's POV