TTB - Chapter Twenty-One

Saturday, February 16th, 2019

10:00 am

Sophia's POV

Griffin offered to take my grandparents to the airport for their flight back home. He sent a text to let me know my grandparents' plane just took off, and he is on his way home. He also said it is starting to snow again, so he is stopping at the store.

Bailey, Jellybean, and I are huddled together on the couch. I tried to get off the couch to make some soup for Griffin to have when he comes home, but Jellybean and Bailey barked at me.

"Okay, okay. I'm staying." I talk to them like they understand what I'm saying.

12:00 pm

"Sophia! Where are you?"

I must have fallen asleep. "In the living room with Bailey and Jellybean. Sorry I didn't hear you come in. Our animal children wouldn't let me move. They both barked at me."

"That's okay. The last two weeks have been tiring. Your grandparent's plane safely took off before the snow got bad. It's really coming down now. The store was getting packed as I left. I got a few things for us."

"Thanks. This time will be different because we have our house back. No parents or grandparents."

"Ooh, cuddle time. And, what else can we get into?"

Griffin grabbed my hands to stand me up. Bailey and Jellybean barked.

"Well, excuse me. Sophia, why do you have on shorts?"

"All the more for you to warm me up." I blew Griffin a kiss.

"One warm fianceé coming up." Griffin plopped on the couch first then I plopped next to him. I pulled the cover over us as I nestled into his chest.

"I have plenty of warmth now." Bailey and Jellybean jumped back on the couch with us.

"Our engagement photoshoot was Monday. And by the looks of it outside, we may have to reschedule it."

"And, the university may shut down as well. I hope these closings don't mess with our wedding date. I'm glad we chose June 29th."

"Even if it means flying to Ireland on the 28th, we'll be fine. There is a tourism gala I was invited to. The gala will be held here in Chicago on a Saturday in April. It's after our Spring Break trip. Would you like to come with me?"

"Of course. I would love to come. That means I will need a new outfit."

"Hmm, I can't wait to see it. Speaking of outfits, how is wedding shopping going?"

"I found the perfect dress to say 'yes' in. And, your mom found the perfect reception dress for the bridal party to wear. She said it will drive the guys insane."