TTB - Chapter Nineteen

Sunday, January 20th, 2019

Sophia's POV

2:00 pm

We had so much fun at the engagement party last night. Even after dinner, we all went dancing. Well, everyone except my parents and Griffin's parents.

We just got home from taking everyone to the airport. Shane, Bliss, Niko, Tatianna, and Janiyah are a fun group to be surrounded by.

Griffin and I are having our parents over for dinner. We have been so busy since coming home from Ireland, hence the reason for the dinner so we can tell them how the visit went. His mom is going to be disappointed when we talk about his grandma Naomh.

"Sophia, taste this." Griffin handed me a spoonful of something.

"What is it?"

"It's my homemade pasta sauce."

"You never told me that one, Mr. Homemade." I tasted it. "It's delicious. It doesn't need anything added to it. I love it."

Griffin kissed my cheek. "Thanks, babe. This is the only thing I can't tell you. It's my secret. Plates, silverware, wine glasses, and wine are on the table."

"You're a meany." Bailey came barking into the kitchen.

"But you love this meany. I hear the doorbell. I'll be right back." Bailey followed Griffin out of the kitchen to answer the door.

The pasta was done, so I grabbed a bowl, drained the pasta at the kitchen sink, then placed it in the bowl. Griffin came back and grabbed the pasta. I got the caesar salad out of the fridge and went into the dining room.

My parents, Niall, Brigid, and Ethan arrived. Mariah walked in at the same time as me. I went around the table and gave everyone a hug before sitting next to Griffin. Once everyone had what they wanted on their plate, we dug into the food.

"Niall and Brigid, did you both know that Griffin makes homemade pasta sauce?"

"Honey, he told us he would have to put us in jail if we found out what was in his sauce. He makes barbecue sauce too."

I just shook my head at him. "You seriously would put your parents in jail?"

"Yup. I sure would. I would do the same thing to you too. It's my secret and I'm not telling. I'm not just a pretty-faced, multi-billionaire, sweetie. I have cooking skills too. What do you want for dinner tomorrow?"

"Ribs with your sauce, asparagus, and wedge salad."

"You got it."

"Sophia, Griffin is going to spoil you with his cooking. He could have been a chef. He has even won a cooking contest with his ribs," Niall added.