TTB - Chapter Four

Monday, October 8th, 2018

Griffin's POV

I think I just threw up in my mouth. I can't believe her father is Christian Parker. Now that I know my idol is her father, I better not even think about what I had planned for her sister. Dang it.

If she told him about me, I am so doomed. The class gave my idol a round of applause. Then, he began to talk.

"Thank you all for the welcome. When Sophia told me of the idea for the class, of course, I jumped at the chance. My being a judge is to help everyone in this room become successful at pitching your ideas to a potential investor. Now, Sophia told me she has a student in her class who currently owns several businesses."

Oh no! Here it comes.

"That would be me, Mr. Parker. I am Griffin Kelley."

"Mr. Kelley, please come forward for a second."

Just great. I am about to be humiliated by my idol. I walked up to the front of the class. The palms of my hands were sweating. So, I wiped my hands on my pants.

I literally froze up for a few seconds, speechless. I really am in front of my idol!

"Oh, sorry. I own Jade Gems Spa and Resorts. And, Grandiose Courtyard Hotels & Resorts."

"Those are two perfect examples of successful businesses. Mr. Kelley, myself and my wife will be judges for the project. Isn't that right, Mr. Kelley?"

No way am I telling him no! "Yes, sir."

"The three of us are looking forward to hearing your proposals. Mr. Kelley, thank you for participating."

He waved his hands for me to go back to my seat, which I did. She had to tell him something. Mr. Parker talked for the rest of the class period. This is one of the only times I have actually taken notes. The look on Ms. Parker's face was one of annoyance. What's her problem? The bell rang, signaling that I can go to my company.

"Class is dismissed. And, Mr. Kelley, can I see you please?" Ms. Parker asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophia's POV

"Thank you, mom and dad, for your help."

"You're welcome, sweetheart," My mom says while giving me a hug.

"How about we have lunch together? Pick the place, Sophie."

"Okay, dad. Let's go to The Aroma Bay. I'll meet you there."

"See you shortly." My parents left my classroom. Then, I immediately switched to piss off mode.

"Mr. Kelley, you are a piece of work! You tell me what is it in for you when I asked you to judge my project. But, as soon as my dad asks you, you immediately tell him yes! I'm going to ask you again - what is your problem with me?!"