What Sister?

About 4 Hours Later

Conan was still sitting in the uncomfortable chair next to the empty spot where the portable bed would be. It'd been about four and a half hours since Gavin went into surgery and Connor and Hank had left to investigate the car crash. Conan was so stressed and worried. He couldn't bear the thought of losing Gavin and just thinking about losing him made him scared. He wouldn't know what to do if he lost him. He shivered and leaned back in the chair. He put his hands on his face and let out a sigh. What about all of his friends and family? Have they even been notified? Hopefully they had because at the moment he couldn't do anything but ponder what would happen to him if Gavin were to... die.

He was snapped out of his thoughts as the door was opened and a couple of nurses brought in a stretcher with an unconscious Gavin on it. He stood up and watched as they put Gavin in place and checked over his vitals. He looked over at, who he assumed, was the head doctor and saw that she was looking at him. "I-is he gonna b-be ok?" he stammered out.

The doctor looked at him sadly and then answered. "He was in a coma when he arrived and we don't know how long he will be in it. There is a fifty percent chance of survival so we are not sure if he will make it out. We are still doing everything we can to make the odds better but we cant be sure," she explained to him.

Conan's eyes welled up with tears causing his vision to become blurry. He sat back down on the chair and looked at Gavin. He scanned him and his survival rate was indeed fifty percent. He carefully grabbed Gavin's hand and intertwined their fingers.

Gavin's hand was cold and limp. (Huehuehue) He felt a tear slip down his cheek and he used his free hand to wipe away his eyes. He brought Gavin's hand to his lips and delicately gave it a kiss. He put Gavin's hand back on the bed but kept their hands interlocked. "W-Was his f-family contacted?" he asked as he wiped his eyes again.

"His brother was contacted about the accident," she informed him, getting a small nod in response. "There should be police investigating the accident and will come inform you about any updates," she explained getting another nod. "We will check on him every hour and there is a nurse call button there if you need. Have a good night," she stated politely and then left; the other nurses following behind her.

Conan sighed sadly and looked up at Gavin's face. "I-I can't believe this Gav," he mumbled, "Why did this have to happen?" he asked and felt more tears fall down his face. "I'm s-so sorry. This is all my fault," he whispered. He yearned for Gavin to wake up and say something stupid as he always did. He wiped his eyes again and scanned him again. His survival rate was still at fifty percent.

He heard the door open up again and saw Elijah panting slightly. "Is h-he gonna be ok?" he asked as he straightened his posture.

"Fifty percent chance of survival. He is in a coma and they don't know when or if he will wake up," Conan responded and he returned his gaze to Gavin.

"Do we know what caused the accident?" Elijah asked and Conan shook his head

"Hank and Connor are gonna investigate it," he answered; watching Gavin's chest slowly rise and fall.

Kamski nodded and sat down next to Conan. Conan sighed and took a deep breath. "I'm scared," he mumbled as he tightened his grip on Gavin's hand.

Elijah sighed and nodded. "I am too Conan but I know he will pull through, he always does," he reassured him.

Conan nodded and wiped away his tears, "But what if he doesn't? What will happen?"

"We hopefully won't have to deal with that," he responded as he looked back at Gavin, "we'll just have to trust that he'll pull through."