Chapter 18

Alex's PoV

I turned off the shower when I was done, and got out to wear the clothes Archer got me. I couldn't help but blush a very deep shade of red as I started pulling the underwear on.

I can't believe he did that!

The price tag was still on it so I knew it was new. After drying my hair and putting on the attire, I got out. It was still dark in the room and I couldn't see anything. I headed to bed to get my stuff so I could leave but when I reached the bed I was directly pulled down on the soft mattress. A hand latched around my wrist and pushed me down, causing me to fall on the bed and be trapped under the weight of a giant's arm. Aka. Archer.

I don't mean he's giant on fats. He's giant on muscles.

I squealed in surprise and started to wriggle out of his hold. He groaned and tightened his hold around me to keep me in place.

"Alex stop."

I don't know what the fuck was happening, but he seems serious from the tone of his voice. Plus it was firm and authoritative that I just had to listen to him. So I stopped moving and laid like a statue next to him. Only our harsh breathes were filling the dreadful silence in the air.

After a few seconds, he started to talk again.

"Can you please stay? At least till morning. I'll drive you to your house later. It's after midnight now."

Should I stay?

People can not be trusted. They can't. A dog is way more faithful than humans. However, I think after everything that happened in those few days I already trust Archer. I mean he took care of me and helped me when I needed someone the most. When I needed anyone.

On the other hand, What if this is all my mind tricking me? Am I that desperate for someone? Am I willing to believe and trust a person I met a few days ago?

You already do trust him.

How did I allow this to happen? This was never supposed to happen. I was not supposed to trust him or anyone for that matter.

But you did.

So what am I going to do now? He knows too much! Everything is crumbling. This can't be happening. It just can't!

Will I trust him too much that in the end I will get hurt? Am I willing to risk it?

No. No, I can't risk it. I'm stuck with him for now, but that doesn't mean that I have to trust him. I'll rebuild the walls. Everything will be fine. Tomorrow I'll be out of here we'll act like we never met.

I'll protect myself. I won't allow the past to repeat itself.

I sigh and mutter a soft okay as I lay down on the mattress. Archer huddles more into me and I'm so glad that he can't see my face. My whole face is red like a tomato. Fuck even my eyes are red.

Speaking of which, my eyes are changing color more frequently, and most of the time it would be around Archer. Why though? Why is it happening? Is he a trigger or something? I need to find out. It has been bad enough without him. Now that he's in the equation, I need to be careful. I don't want it to get out of control more than it already is.

I woke up the next day and the bed was vacant. I checked the hour on my phone then tossed it in my pocket. I walked slowly out of the room, tiptoeing my way into nowhere. The hallways were huge and everywhere I looked it was made of expensive materials. Finally, I arrived at a huge staircase that leads to a marble floor. But before I could descend a maid that has been cleaning the floor noticed me.

Her dark emotionless eyes stared right into my soul. Even though her pale shaky hands were still working on the floor she still stared at me. Her whole body was jerking and even I knew she was seconds away from collapsing. Everything around her was bright and shiny. However, she stood out in the middle of this scenery, looking lifeless. Even though she was wearing an expensive and rich maid dress, she looked poor. She lacked the light that was surrounding her. She lacked a soul. She was just existing not living.

Okay, Alex, that was deep.

The sound of footsteps interrupted the stare down we were having and within seconds everything changed. The emotionless eyes shone with something I never knew was even there. Her lips stretched into the darkest fake smirk. Before it quickly turned into a fake smile as Archer came walking in.

She stood up and bowed.

"Master"

What the fuck?

Archer just nodded in reply. He was about to tell her something, but he stopped shortly after noticing me standing up the staircase motionless. He gave me a nervous smile. The maid that was staring at his back returned her eyes on me. They were not emotionless anymore. They shine with something dark. Something painful. I couldn't bear to see.

And she smirked.

My eyes widened on their own record and I took a step back unwillingly. It was like Archer's body was the light and she was the darkness that lies in the shadows.  Archer stared at me in confusion and took long steps toward me to see what's wrong.

When he reached he asked.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?!"

My eyes were still trained at the maid who has now returned back to being emotionless and working on the floor.

He glanced at the maid then at me and chuckled lightly.

"Oh, Alex! Don't be afraid! That's Hina! She's a maid"

I know she's a maid but I don't like her. I don't like her one bit.

"Master the food shall be ready by now. You should go. I'll show mistress the way after I lead her to the bathroom to clean up nice."

No. Don't leave me alone with her.

However, the words did not come out so I nodded silently. Archer returned to where he came from and Hina started to walk in front of me.

"Follow me...mistress"