Chapter 24

Alex's POV

The party was in full swing.

Teenagers were already drunk out of their minds as they danced wildly around each other. Plus, a few minutes ago I saw a couple getting down and dirty on the wall next to the fridge.

I never got a bottle of water to quench my thirst.

I always attend parties when I'm bored and feeling lonely. Or more precisely when my thoughts take huge turn south that's why I thought why the hell not.

Even though I'm at a party, I don't drink. Never did and never will. I just drink water. I know that I can drink without getting drunk but drinking is just a big fat no for me.

As my hazel eyes scanned the crowd, a pair of green eyes caught my interest.

I can find these eyes everywhere.

Archer seemed shocked at first, but that was the last thing on my mind.

A girl our age with straight brown hair, icy blue eyes, and a curvy figure in all the right places, was sensually trailing her hand down Archer's bicep.

Something unbearable slithered like a snake through my whole body finally biting at my heart. Hot white pain spread there like venom and my vision blurred a little.

Is she his girlfriend?

Another snake managed to bite me right at my heart again.

I managed to wipe my face off any emotion as our eyes connected again. I hoped my face was as blank as I think it is.

Moments with Archer passed in front of my eyes like broken records.

First of all, the moment where he saw my red eyes in the hallways and helped me. I was so confused but at the same time, I had felt light. Joyous. Someone stood up for me after he saw my eyes. I couldn't believe it.

Then came the hug we shared in the janitor's closet at the school. I felt warm, safe. Did that mean nothing? Why do I even mind?

It was just a hug.

Just like the hug in my house when I thought he was a serial killer and held him down to the floor.

They all didn't mean anything.

Even when he took care of me when I was going through the cold twenty-four hours.

It never meant anything.

Nothing.

Just empty actions, empty words, empty promises.

Just empty and void.

Why did I expect something else? Why do I want it to mean something? Why does it matter?

Do I like Archer? Am I crushing on Archer?

No. It can't be! We only met a few days ago.

Yet so much happened.

The voice in my head added. I decided to dismiss her. She doesn't get it. She's the hopeful side of me. The one that always expects too much then I have to suffer from the consequences.

My eyes roamed back to the 'happy and so in love couple' to see that the girl was now so close to straddling Archer. When our eyes connected once again he finally pushed the girl away from him as if she burnt him.

So they're not a couple.

One nightstand?

Even fucking worse.

I stood up unable to control my feelings and was about to leave when a hand on my arm stopped me.

When I turned around it was the football jock with a charming smile on that showed off his pearly white teeth.

Charming my foot.

I would have pushed him to the ground, stepped on his neck and told him to never touch me again if it was any other day.

But today I'm exhausted. So I just let him hand me the cup of liquor.

And I drank.

And drank.

And drank.

Until I forgot.

After a couple of cups, I found myself in the middle of the dance floor grinding against some hormonal stranger.

At least he was good looking.

Green eyes that couldn't help but remind me of Archer stared hotly at me as if he was eye raping me like some candy.

My hands were tangled in his soft blonde hair.

I wonder if Archer's hair is soft.

Stop thinking about him!

The stranger was about to dip his head and I knew that he wanted to kiss me and wanted to do much more than that too.

I was too drunk to push him back or object. I was allowing it to happen. My first kiss to be stolen by some drunk hormonal teenager but it never occurred.

Before our lips could touch, I was pulled in the opposite direction of the stranger. My forearm was tingling while I was struggling to keep up with Archer's pace as he dragged me through the crowd.

His hold on me was tight but not to the point that it hurts.

After a whole lot of stumbling, we reached a hallway less crowded than the main room. Abruptly, he stopped in front of a door and without even knocking we entered.

Thankfully the room was empty. I wouldn't want to walk into people doing the 'Hoo Hoo Noo-Noo'.

Oh, GOD! Kill me.

He locked the door after us and gently pushed me towards the bed.

I swayed a little before collapsing on the bed giggling like a crazy bitch.

"You're drunk"

I heard Archer say, but I paid him no sense.

"Oooh Look! It's Hagrid! Yer a wizzerd harry!"

I stood there mimicking Hagrid from Harry Potter.

Damn, I love Harry Potter.

I turned to face a very angry Archer. I can see smoke coming out of his ears.

"You have smoke coming out of your ears"

I snickered some more and Archer facepalmed

I have a feeling that this night is going to be one hell of a long one.

Poor Archer.

Poor me!

Poor Harry Potter!

NOO! HARRY POTTER IS NOT POOR.

SHUT UP!

GUYS! PLEASE MAKE SURE TO VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW!

LOVE YOU ALL! YOUR SUPPORT IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED!