Chapter 26

Alex's PoV

Oh god.

I rolled over in what I figured was a bed and rubbed my fingers across my forehead. The headache was killing me. I felt as though someone was knocking with a sledge hammer on my head. I tried to open my eyes but they cried in protest so I just left them to shut and tried to sleep the headache again.

What happened yesterday?

I remember going to this stupid-ass party. It was your same typical shitty party. Then, I saw him with a beautiful brunette all over him.

The memory itself made me want to take my heart out for feeling anything towards that bastard.

This pain and the need to just have Archer all for myself, this all leads to one explanation that I refuse to accept. However, my ludicrous heart won't listen to me.

When did it ever?

I don't want to have feelings for him. But I can't seem to stop. I keep on falling and there's nothing for me to hold on.

"Oh hey, you're awake. How are you feeling?"

I stay silent, letting my thoughts run over hundreds of miles a minute.

Why is he here? Why didn't he leave me?

"I brought you some aspirin and water. It will help with the hangover"

Hangover?

Fuck, I drank alcohol yesterday. I made a promise to myself that I would never drink alcohol. I just broke that promise yesterday and for what? For something as petty as jealousy. 

Way to fucking go.

I try to remember what happened after that shitty football player offered me drinks but I can't. The harder that I try the worse my headache gets.

I was about to give up on remembering when a flash of blonde hair and green eyes hunted my mind. Before I could think of it too much, Archer thrusts a glass of water and a pill in my hands.

"Here take them."

 I quickly swallow them.

"Lay down for a while, okay? By the way, do you remember anything from last night?"

I start telling him about what I remember and when I mention the blonde guy with green eyes that I was dancing with his eyes darken immediately into a deeper yet colder shade of green. I pause a little, wondering why the hell the mention of this guy troubled him. Maybe he knew him and they have some beef between them.

"Yeah, I was dancing with a stranger and then..."

What happened then?

Archer is staring at me with a hopeful glint in his eyes. I don't know why so I start raking my head for answers. However, I come up with nothing. I can't remember. It's all blurry and I-

I'll be your home if you allow me to.

Wha-What?

A blurry memory plays in front of my eyes and I catch a glimpse of green in it. Did-did Archer say that? Or was it the blonde guy?

Wait.

Did Blondie and I take things too far? I don't remember what happened after he leaned down to kiss me!

No No, it can't be, stupid Alex. I'm in my bed, fully clothed too. Nothing happened.

I sigh in relief and glance at Archer, waiting for him to catch up on my confusion and help me remember last night. When I look at him expectantly he avoids my gaze.