Chapter 38

Archer's PoV

"Go out with me today after school"

Much to my dismay, Alex doesn't even bat a lash when I say that. She doesn't drop the books that she's exchanging at her locker and her expression stays blank.

Maybe that's because you've been doing this for a whole fucking week you idiot cow.

How can I shut this voice out?

"No, I'm busy"

I tell her the same sentence every day, at the same place and at the same time and she's been giving me the same answer too.

Every single damn day.

The first time I asked her, she dropped the books and choked on air. It was hilarious, but now I'm going to have white hair by the end of the year because of her calm demeanor.

"I fucking wonder what's been keeping you busy for the whole week that you can't afford to go on a date with me"

I don't bother to hide my displeasure as I lean on the locker next to hers.

She sighs as if she's tired and shut her locker with way more force than necessary. Some students, the ones who weren't already looking, start whispering.

Get a life, people.

"Because"

I wait for her to continue but when she starts walking away I know that she'll not continue. I walk after her and continue talking.

"Aleeeeeexxxx pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaase. I love you and you care about me so let's try the whole dating thing"

I give her my best puppy look as I walk backward in front of her. A blush starts to form on her cheeks but she clears her throat and it's gone.

"And who said that I care about you? I couldn't care less"

BLA. BLA. BLA.

Her eyes say otherwise and that time on the cliff says otherwise. Oh, there's also that time-

You get the point folks.

"Ouch. That hurts Alex. If you don't care then I'll let myself get beaten in tonight's match"

Tonight, I have a match against Big D. That's what the jerk calls himself. I mean, you can tell he's a jerk and a narcissistic bastard just from the name he's using since he refused to tell his real name. Despite his lack of decency, he's strong and with the way Alex's eyes widened I know that she knows that.

I can see the concern in her eyes as clear as day and it makes me want to take that beating just to see what she would do or what expression she'll show me.

But then her face is blank again and damn that face is my least favorite. I can't tell what she's thinking when her face is that blank.

"Okay"

I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Okay?"

"Yeah sure. Suit yourself"

Okay seriously? Does she think that I won't do it? Alright. Tonight she'll see. I'll take that beating just to see her reaction.

The day passes by quickly and I'm at the ring with Blake right now, waiting for my fight to come. I scan the crowd for Alex and there she is. She's wearing a black over sized shirt and white jeans. Her hair is tied in a ponytail and her hands are covered with half-black gloves.

She looks just as gorgeous as ever.

She's busy observing people in front of her so she hasn't noticed me yet.