Chapter 37

Blake's PoV

That girl is infuriating. I can't believe she was saying a fucking BMW is better than a Mercedes. And then comes that fuckhead Archer, why the shit did he leave like that? I'll castrate him when I see him. He was the one that invited her to our table.

My anger simmers down a little when I remember the way Alex fought. She was good, I admit. Plus, she nearly kicked my ass if she didn't faint.

But damn, she was fast. Her movements were swift, faster than any average person.

Well, it's none of my business anyway. I'm just glad that she isn't like that whore Diana. Archer needs to move on from that bitch.

I loathed her.

I knew how she was. I knew that she was just deceiving Archer and I did tell him that, but he was too blinded. We fought countless times because of that bitch, but when he saw her the way she truly was, he came and apologized saying how much of a jerk he was and how he'll always remember that bros before hoes. I could tell that the way she looked at him was different from the way he looked at her and I'm so glad that he realized it.

Well, it's all in the past. I hope that she's choking on air right now wherever she is.

I reach the men's toilet and enter. There, in front of a sink, Archer is standing with his head bowed and the water running but he's not using it. He glances at me and closes the tap to stand to his full height. He doesn't look good.

"Archer, what the fuck? What's wrong? Why did you leave like that?"

I await his answer, but instead of answering he asks a question that completely throws me off guard.

"Do you like Alex?"

What?

No seriously.

WHAT?

"The hell man? What kind of question is that? Of course not. She's not my type at all."

What kind of best friend would I be if I even allowed myself to develop feelings for the girl he loves? What kind of question is that? Is that what he thinks of me?

Well, damn.

Archer's eyes have never looked this empty before. He walks up to me and stands inches away from me. His hair is messy as hell as if he ran his hands through it.

"You like her"

It wasn't a question. He was confirming that I like Alex.

Didn't I just say that I didn't? The hell?

"Cut the crap man. I just told you I don't"

But he didn't hear me. He continued as if I didn't say anything.

"Well, you two get along amazingly. You looked like a couple bickering out there. You suit each other"

From where the hell is this coming from?

"Archer. I don't fucking like her. Shut the fuck up and let's head back."

His green eyes challenge mine and he continues talking nonsense.

"You do have a lot in common. Both of you have anger issues and you have the same hair. Hell, you even said the same words at the same time back there. Definitely soulmates"