Chapter 16

Archer's POV

She shakily but gently opened her eyes which were only yellow at the moment.

Not that I'm complaining.

She wasn't shaking as much as she was in the car. She blinked a few times and then she seemed to realize that she was in a foreign room. Her lips parted in confusion but then they closed into a thin line when she took the sight of me.

"Is this your house?"

"Yeah"

Her face was blank. I couldn't read her. She was so damn good at hiding her emotions from the world and I don't know whether it's a good thing or not. It was good in a way because people won't take advantage of it. However, it was awful because she was keeping everything bottled up. It's not fair.

Why do You even care?

Yes. Why do I care? She can do whatever the hell she wants but here I am, thinking about her and fuck she's even in my room.

No one and I mean NO ONE enters my room. Yet alone, sleeps in my bed.

She tried to get up but her arms were too vulnerable to support her so I pushed her down on the soft mattress again. She didn't object. She laid there fully awake now. Her eyes are now just blue. They were a deep shade of blue but yet at the same time a bright one. It was fascinating. It was like it demanded attention. The way she carries herself demands attention not just her eyes.

I must have stared too long because she turned and gave me her back, facing the wall.

Lovely.

Oh yeah!

I nearly forgot the reason I woke her up in the first place. I nudged her softly but she didn't move.

"You should eat this soup to feel better"

She laid in my bed still. Not even the sound of her breathing was that loud. I don't know what she's thinking in that mind of her. I have many questions for her and I think she owes me an explanation. However, I didn't want to push her like last time in her room, which resulted in her kicking me out of her house.

When she didn't show any sign of cooperation, I sighed. I was about to give her space when the lamp over my head lit up. The mischievous smirk on my face and the evil gleaming in my eyes could not be missed after that.

Well. Too bad she can't see me.

Her body was laying on the edge of the bed near the wall. One inch and she would kiss the wall. I guess she was trying to hide from me because the bed is king size.

I didn't know that it would come in handy one day.

I, slowly and carefully, lifted the mattress just enough for me to slip under it. After making sure that she didn't notice I rolled. The bed went down a little from my weight which made it noticeable for her but too late, I was already laying next to her.

She whipped her head so fast I was surprised her neck didn't break. Then her eyes widened immediately at the sight of my face in hers. She was speechless for a few seconds but then her eyes turned a very bright red matching her cheeks. My heart squeezed painfully and my own cheeks became rosy themselves.

Fuck. She was just so cute. Fuck!

She stuttered and gaped at me like a fish out of water but then.

"W-W-What THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!!"

"Y-You-I- Get-...."

The sound of laughter filled the place like music to my ears. This sound was coming out of me. I laughed heartily at her flustered state which seemed to anger her and embarrass her furthermore. My whole body shook from laughter and I was on the verge of tears if her cadaverous red glare didn't stop me.

Alex scowled at me long and hard. Then after what felt like an eternity, she calmed down.

"Get out, jerk!"

She tried to push me off the bed, but she couldn't. If she wasn't sick I'm sure she would have been able to push me. I held her hands in mines and the playful smirk was here again. I softly tugged her towards me and placed her cold hands flat on my chest which once again caused chaos in my chest and the pit of my stomach. I placed my hands on her waist and pulled her even closer to me after that.

Fuck. She's freezing.

My heart was beating so fast. I feared that she could hear it seeing that she's close. So fucking damned close. Her face was hidden in my chest which made everything in my mind foggy and hazy. No one was around. Except her. Only her.

Before she could say anything I said.

"You're fucking freezing! Damn Alex! You're going to die of hypothermia like this"

I waited for her snarky remark or for her hit and shouting but it didn't happen. Instead, she nodded her head and snuggled closer to me. She gripped my shirt tighter in her fists and rubbed her head just above my heart. My hold on her unintentionally tightened and all the blood in my system rushed to my face.

She smelled nice. Fuck! She really did.

I sniffed her hair as secretly as I could and the smell of her mint shampoo and something else that was only hers hit me hard.

I was awfully aware of her. I was aware of how our legs were tangled together and how the only thing separating our chests were her hands. I was aware of her shallow breathing and her trembling lips that were hidden in my chest.

Oh, God, I could get used to this.

My own breathing was shallow too and I tried thinking about anything but her. Usually, I would have so much to think about, but right now I can't even remember one thing.

Maybe this was a bad idea.

My eyes were getting heavy and before I knew it I was heading out to Lala Land. Maybe I was imagining it, but I swear I heard an angelic voice thanking me.

I wanted to let out for what? But sleep got the best in me and darkness was all I could see.