☘️

"And then what happened?"

She said in an excited voice. The fire is quite good with the hot chocolates in our hands.

I look around me to see if am I the only one that not interested in with this stuff.

"..and then she sees him! Alive!"

"Huh?!"

Everyone gasps.

I shake my head with a slight laughter as they throw me a glance that tells me to shut up. Which is funny, again.

"It's not funny Ethan! It's scary!"

"Nope it is not."

Aiko slowly tightens her grip on the cup that she holds, getting closer to Mia.

"That happened a friend of mine back in Japan."

"What? How.."

Someone please help me.

"Bullshit."

"Ethan!"

Aiko.

"It is true that you start to see someone you love around.. after you lose them.."

"No , Aiko. It is not. If you lose them, you lose them. No need to live in a fantasy world."

Lèo slowly looks at me, a broken smile on his face, almost like he can understand me.

Aiko breathes in the cold air. Her pale skin blushes as our eyes meet.

"I'm sorry, just a regular horror story when you do camping with your besties. Right Aiko?" Mia tells me, not making an eye contact.

Lèo pats my back. "Yeah buddy, sorry."

"Gomen'nasai."

"What does that even mean?"

I ask her, forcing my heart to beat.
Enough with this feeling.

He's gone.

No need a remembrance.

"Oh it means 'I am sorry' in Japanese. Isn't that fun?"

I just want to get in my tent and sleep til the day of my death.

"Yeah yeah whatever, I am going to sleep. It is getting colder and I don't want any bears or something around me."