twenty one | pressure

Taya pushed her way to the front of the crowd that had gathered because of the whole "leave or die" thing.

Bellamy wasn't back yet, so she'd be damned if they left.

"By now, you've all heard the rumor. And unfortunately, it's true. The Grounders are coming. We have a difficult decision to make. Thankfully, Chancellor Jaha has found his way back to us. And we're discussing all options." Abby said reassuringly.

"But to be safe... you need to pack. Now. Whatever you can carry. We may need to leave at a moment's notice." Jaha spoke up and Taya's eyes hardened. She wasn't leaving without Bellamy. She knew she had to stop this.

Taya stepped forward with a small laugh, clapping Jaha on the shoulder before turning to the crowd.

"You might not know me, that's fair. I've been recovering from some time now. I think I've done enough of that. See, I used to lead the 100. I mean, not singlehandedly that's for sure but look, I know it may seem scary but these Grounders are no match against us. 100 of us took out 300 of them with no training. No need to jump the gun, do things you don't need to. Return to normal, no decision has been made. You're safe, you're surrounded by a better wall then we had and trained men and woman with guns. For now, we must carry on and push away the fear. That's how you learn to live another day." Taya's voice was calm but firm as it helped lull the people the way she wanted them. To believe they were safe. "I have faith in our leader, Chancellor Abby, that she will make the right choice. We all must have faith now in the ones in charge, isn't that right Jaha?" Taya turned to Jaha.

"Of course, I was not trying to question Abby—."

"Chancellor Abby." Taya corrected.

"Chancellor Abby. I only meant to propose another solution. The city of light. It's across the Dead Zone. I have faith in this city. And right now, given the alternative, that's good enough for me." Jaha said, Taya's eyes narrowed ever so slightly. He wasn't going quietly.

"We were told the same thing, promise of a land of safety. But what most of us failed to over look was the fact that we were already standing on our land of safety. How can you be sure this city of light is any safer than behind this fence? And what about our people in Mount Weather? If this wonderful city does exist, don't they deserve to see it too?"

"Like I said, it's a difficult decision we face." Jaha nodded.

"You say that, but I'm sure to the friends and family of those who have people trapped in Mount Weather, the mothers and fathers of those kids, to them, it's not a difficult decision." Taya shot back.

"Well the time has come for each and every one of us to ask is this how the story of our people ends? Did we come all this way just to die tomorrow? Because if we're not gone by the time that sun rises, that is exactly what will happen." Jaha spoke. Taya's anger flared. He was good. He was also a threat.

"I'm sure if Wells was stuck in Mount Weather this would be a different conversation. You know, it's not my first time confronting the idea of death the next morning. I wish I could say it was because I know that feeling of fear—terror. But that's not what our history books will record of tomorrow. Tomorrow will not be the day we abandon our people and run with our tails between our legs! Tomorrow will be the day that marks the turn of a battle easily won!" Taya's voice rose at the end and was met with yells and cheers. Taya grinned.

"Tomorrow, the Ark truly meets the ground!" Taya rose her hand in the air in triumph as people around her met her enthusiastically.

"Check and mate." Taya whispered to Jaha before walking away, smiling and nodding to passing people.