If We Meant To Be

--Niall's POV--
To start with I'm sitting in a wheelchair as usual but... But Diamond took me to the hospital saying I'm ready to finally do my steps without her support and just hold on into side supporters by my own. I'm afraid because the time for her to leave is really close and I can feel how we got a bit distant. Especially Diamond. She's been sitting in her room a lot more. I'm concerned about her. But I think we both feel the same way. Both getting along with the thought to not see each other. It's been hard, we got too attached to each other.
"It's all set." she said not looking at me. Diamond stood at the end of side supporters. The path from me to her looked very long right now even, though, it wasn't in real.
"C'mon. I know you can do it. We've been working hard passed month. I've seen you doing it. So, why hesitating now?" Diamond came up to me and squatted to my level after watching me hesitate to stand up.
"Because every time I stand up, taking steps on my own... Keeps you more and more away from me and closer to the day you'll leave." I whispered looking into her eyes. She looked away and closed her eyes.
"From the start we both knew this will happen. And I feel bad that it's hurting us both. You're an amazing person and I don't want to let go of you. Listen..." she took my hand with her both hands. "...if we meant to be... We're going to meet again. No matter when. After a few days of my leaving, months, years... Maybe you and me will have our own families and make a good friends. Or God will cross our paths together to be with each other. You cannot know. I don't want everything to go this easily. We met, I help you, we fall in love and live. The more easier, the more challenges comes. So, I want you to focus on your career and maybe one day, when we meet... We'll know each other's worths, values, feelings, we can be together forever. And I think you're not ready too. So now, I want you to stand up on those damn feet of yours, walk this fucking way on your own and let the life bring us back together. " she said with tears, making me emotional too. I squeezed her hand tight.
"If this is what you want. I understand you're not ready for relationship and I won't push you. Just don't forget me. Don't forget your Nialler." I whispered with trembling bottom lip. I stroked her cheek.
"I won't. You'll always be in my heart." she kissed my hand on her cheek. I guess we just confessed our love for each other by not saying those three little words that could hurt us in this moment.
"I'll give you a kiss if you walk to me without any help." Diamond giggled walking to the end of supporters. I chuckled watching her. I slowly placed my legs on the floor and got a grip on support. I took a deep breath and stood up, feeling a bit shaky at first. I calmed myself and glanced at the girl at the end. I made her as my purpose. She smiled to me, patiently waiting for me. I cleared my throat and with tiny brave steps I walked to her, making her smile even more.
"I'm proud of you." she whispered. Diamond got on her tip toes placing a kiss on my lips. "Good to know that you taller than me." she bit her lip.
"Yes... And I can see you're smaller than me." I chuckled. I closed my eyes when she hugged me placing her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her pulling the body closer.