bus ride home

Me and Mr. Went to get ice cream and he asked me why mother let me out so late and by myself. I told him that she was with a "boy toy" and she need me to be gone. When I told Mr. That his eyes turned red with flakes of purple. He dropped me back off at home and handed me a card with his number.

"Mom" I walked around the house looking for her and found her no where.

"MOM"

She walked into the kitchen with her tank top barley covering her boobs and a her shorts still unbuttoned.

"What you are you screaming about you stupid brat."

Ignoring her comment I began to tell her about what happened at the park. I told her about the drunk man and Mr. Xavier and how he saved me and took me for icecream.
She started to panick she grabbed my should and began to shake me anger held in her eyes as she began to scream In my face.
"YOU ARE TO NEVEE TALK TO THAT MAN AGAIN DO YOU HEAR ME RILEY. HE IS AN EVIL MAN WHO KILLED A BUNCH OF PEOPLE. HE WILL MURDER ALL OF US DO YOU HEAR ME RILEY? DO YOU UNDERSTAND? HE WILL MURDER YOUR BROTHER DAMON. DO YOU LOVE YOUR BROTHER ? DO YOU WANT YOUR BROTHER TO DIE?

Tears pouring down my cheeks would I be the reason my bubby would die? Did I kill bubby? "Damon he wants to hurt Damon?" I sobbed "where is Damon?"

"He is safe for now Riley, he is at Matt's house playing. If you want your brother to live you will stay far away from that man do you hear me Riley? Tell me you understand. We are going to the police station and getting a restraining order.
.....
"Is anyone sitting here ?"
.....
"Is anyone sitting here?"

I look up and an elderly woman is standing in front of me?
"Huh I'm sorry I didn't hear you"

"I asked if this seat was taken" she had a small on her face.

"No mam you are welcome to sit".

She looked at my bags and smiled sweetly.
"Are you taking a vacation?"

" something like that".

"You know they say with every mile you walk a new story arises, I'm sure that goes for a vacation too."

" one can only hope, however I wish for just once to settle down. I been r- taking alot of vacations." My tone a mear mubble.

" running from love dear?"

" oh no, I have not stayed long enough for anyone to love me. Not anyone I want to at least.

"Oh I see dear, so you have a man after your heart. Have you tried to let him love you or has fear taking over your soul?"

"This man has no love, I have never personally been around him. My mother warned me of how dangerous this man can be. I have never got to know him but I know I never can, not if I want safety for my only family."

"Hmmm I see, how do you know he is dangerous if you do not know who he is? How do you know he can not love if you do not give him yourself to love? Love is hard, love is not easy and truly love is often not found. Riley I say you have to give him a chance to love before you decide to hate."

With that the older woman was gone. Free-thinking our conversation did I tell her my name? How did she know who I was ? I shake my head showing the thoughts away this whole thing has gotten to me I'm sure I told her my name. No need to worry about some little old lady.

The bus has been traveling for a while now. Hours and hours spent on that bus, my head leaning against the bus window. The driver looking back at me throw his mirror. I almost ask him what he is looking at when I notice his mouthing opening like he is going to say something.
"This is the last stop mrs."
"Where are we? Like what town? State even?"
" you are in Indiana "
How the hell did I get to my home town? I thought this damn bus would take me all the way to California.
"Thank you"
I step off the bus wondering where do I go from here. Hiding from Camden will be alot harder in the town I first met him in.