Xerties

Riley POV

*******
I slowly stride to a table way back in the farthest corner. The table was resided by only a small number of girls and boy all about my age; as well as a child around the age of 5.

I pull of my seat that is sitting at the edge of the table. It looks like the seat as to what many people would call the kings seat at any giving table. I let out a sigh and pull the chair out to sit down. One of the girls who was sitting to my right is constantly staring at me as if she is trying to figure out what kind of alien I am and which planet I came from.

" can I help you?" Her words appear as if she is not even sure if she can help.

"I'm not sure, I was told to come down to eat with no other instructions."

" w-what are you?"

" I'm sorry what do you mean?" What the hell

" I mean you smell as if you are human, but you have the lingering scent of the alpha."

"Human scent ? What the hell does that mean? You smell like a human too? What the hell does that even mean? How can one not smell human??"

She is now looking dumb struck like I said something stupid me. She is the one who is talking about alphas and human scents it official all these mother fuckers are beyond crazy.... they .. they are insane.

" I'm sorry, she is on a new pain medication, it tends to make her loopy. Right mila?" The boy next to her says.

" yep that is it....."

"Jack, it's nice to meet you, and your name is ?"

"Riley"

His hand is stuck out so I reach to shake is hand. He smiles when I shook his hand, almost as if it was the first time anyone has welcomed the gesture. From my peripheral view I see people standing at their seat. I look back toward Jack, my hand still very much placed in his as he lifts it slightly to gesture me to stand.

" why is everyone standing?" He pauses for a moment and looks at me, his face hold many expressions as if he is deciding what he should say.

" when our king attends the dinning hall we stand as a sign showing our respects to the royal family. The king enters first then the family of the king. Once every member of the royal family has taken their seat in the balcony amongst his people, only then we sit."

" w-where are we? The only royal family I know lives in like the London or something, I'm not honestly sure I grew up to poor to afford and thing to keep up with them."

" you are in Xerties, country of the Xavians."

"What the .... I am in a different country? "

" why you don't... I mean where are you from?" Again his face is filled with mixed emotions.

" um America.... country of the free ... the melting pot... the American dream.. you know America right?"

" um no I have not heard of it .. "