A text hello

Riley POV
I found my way to a little hotel close the the town that boarded mine old apartment when I lived here as a small child. The hotel was hidden by surrounded trees. It was running down the drain, but it was cheap and it hid well from the public eye. Taking my key I entered room 45, the bed was small a twin size if not smaller if that was even possible. The bathroom has a small skin that practically touch the toilet and the shower small it barely fit my whole body. Sighing opened my suit case, I shuffled through my bag looking for Leo business card. I know I will probably never go back, I know how dangerous it is ever taking that chance. Something ate at me, after giving my boss my virginity, and then disappearing into thin air the next day. It has me wondering if in another life we would be something special something.... normal.

Beside the bed was a tiny night stand and a phone. A note beside the phone read that all outgoing phone calls would be charged twenty-five cents per minute on the phone. I rolled my eyes at the fact that I only had a few dollars in change to pay for this call. When I left and drained all the gold I figured that good would be a good form of currency however I was quick to learn that not everyone excepts gold coins. I swear that man lived like he was in the 1800's with his damn gold. Sighing I reached for the phone and dialed his cell number on his card which had italicized letter asking to only reach him at this number for emergency only. I am going to say that this more than qualifies as an emergency.

"Hello?" I could practically hear the question mark in his tone.

"L-Leo this is Riley... I um work well used to work for you.."

"Riley, yes babe did you think I would forget who you are? I am not that conceited hun"

"Oh.. um .. I just wanted to let you know that I will not be returning to work."

"Riley you just started, if this is about what happened between us I can more than assure you that I did by no means regret what happened. If it is professional relationships you would like then I... I can.. I can do that for you riley."

The fact that he said he didn't regret having sex with me, it warmed my heart. I questioned though whether I should tell about Camden and his unknown decisions to kidnap me. Perhaps it was because I was a witness to him murdering someone and he wanted to tie up loose ends.

"No .. no leo that is not it, I um am having issue with (should I say ex? I have no idea how to describe Camden and I would like to sound believable and not like some lunatic. Not to mention incriminate myself about witnessing a murder and not reporting it.) ...an ex. I decided it would be best to move back somewhere familiar."

"Riley I can help you if you need, I have contacts and I am well off enough I can protect and provide for you if only you would let me."

" Leo, I have to go. I am using a prepaid phone and running out of change. I am staying at a hotel and will try to contact you so you do not worry."

" riley where are you staying I will have a phone sent and delivered to you by tomorrow morning." His voice was stern like saying no was not an option but little did he know it very very much was.

"I can't, goodbye leo"

Putting the phone back on it the phone home charger I plopped on the bed. There was a small box TV that played 13 channels, deciding that I would need the rest for my planning to escape this state soon and efficiency as possible I drifted asleep.